༄ؘ ۪۪۫۫ 𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆 ۪۪۫۫ ༄ؘ ˑ

Philly

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

I had woken up to my Bidoof, Bodhi sniffing my face. The Pokémon's wet nose pushed against my cheek, "All alright, I'm getting up" I said annoyed, pushing Bodhi's furry face away. It was early in the morning, with only Pidgeys singing outside, the roads devoid of any cars or people. After getting out of bed I head straight to the shower to help wake myself up. After drying my hair I went to greet my Growlithe, Maple who was begging at the table for food, and my Arcanine Leo who was sitting on the floor having a nice nap. "Good morning," I said to my parents who were already sitting at the table with my brother who sat beside them, petting Maple. I had grown up with Pokémon my whole life, my parents were proud owners of their own daycare. I often volunteer to go help, enjoying the presence of the creatures.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

I ate breakfast as usual, with Bodhi, who was munching away in his bowl. Today, I'd be heading off to explore Johto with Ben and Nate. We'd head to New Bark Town, to meet with Professor Elm, and then we'd head off into some direction, hopefully picking the right route. I grabbed the last of my things, placing them meticulously inside the large camping bag, and then said goodbye to my family, promising to call them as soon as I could, before hugging Maple and Leo goodbye. Soon enough I make it to the train station, where I would have to wait for Ben and Nate, who would most likely arrive late. Bodhi sat next to me, its tiny legs tired from the walk. I picked him up, placing him gently on my shoulder, feeling slightly bad for the small Pokémon. Minutes later I could see the familiar blonde hair of my friends, both of them looking disheveled. Ben was the first one to reach the train station, he looked exhausted from the run over, his hands on his knees as he attempted to catch his breath. Charlie, his Riolu, gave its trainer a small pat, attempting to confront him.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

"Took you long enough," I said, teasing Ben. He looked up at me, his face red. "Blame Nate, he's the one who didn't wake up on time," he said, his breathing heavy from the jog. Nate soon caught up with his brother, notably less tired, his Pokémon and train card in hand. We all head inside, scan our cards before hopping on the train, most seats filled already. I grab ahold of the pole, waiting for the train to close its doors. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited. "Now heading to New Bark Town, now heading to New Bark." The train speaker boomed as it began its way on its tracks, the uneven tracks making the train shake with every passing moment. I stood there, quietly. The small beaver-like Pokémon sat munching on my hair, the train, which was mostly filled with middle-aged office workers stuck in the monotony of their lives. As the rattling of the train went on I started to zone out, the silent munching of Bidoof putting me into a calm state.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

The screeching of the brakes pulled me out of my haze, I was the first to exit. Ben and Nate following close behind me. Neither of them had visited this area, so they followed obediently as I looked for the right building. "What do you think the professor called us in for?" asked Nate, his partner curled up in his arms. "Hm, who knows?" I said focusing more on making sure I didn't lose the twins in the twisting corners of the semi-familiar city. After finding my way through the city's streets and alleyways, we finally made it to the professor's office. There on the corner of the street sat a soft blue and red building, a small awning displaying Professor Elm's name and titles proudly. I was the first to enter the small quaint office, the floor littered with important files and books. Coffee seemed to have been spilled multiple times over by the looks of the empty mugs.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

Prof. Elm must've heard the door open, seeing as he walked in from the back room, a white lab coat draped over his shoulders. "Ahh you're here," Professor Elm spoke, walking towards us with a shiny case in his hand. "Welcome, so glad you three could make it." Prof. Elm said, heading toward a desk with a metal case on it. "Ahh Juno you're here," I turned over. There stood a very tall twelve-year-old, with short fluffy hair, their face a soft shade of red. "I've asked you four to come in for a reason," he states, turning around grabbing onto a metal case. "In here," he opens the case, shiny electronic devices placed gently on the foam inside. "These are Pokedexes" moving the case closer to me, "thank you," I say as I grab the shiny device, recognizing the electronics. Ben and Nate grabbed theirs, each of them looking confused. The shorter teen walked up grabbing the Pokedex. We gave professor elm our goodbyes before heading to the door. Nate held on to the Pokedex, determined to figure out how to use it. Ben shot me a look of confusion and pocketed it almost immediately after picking his out of the case. "Wait, how'd you do that?" asked Nate, after I got the home screen to start. "dunno, drake showed me a while ago." I said back, my focus on the device's features. "oh, there's a message on here," I say noticing the small notification next to the mail icon

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

"Hello, this is Professor elm. I'm so glad you all accepted my offer to journey off and to complete the Pokedex. It was a great pleasure to have met you all and I hope to hear from you soon. -prof. Elm"

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

"That's gonna take a while, "I heard Ben mumble to his partner. I continued to look through the Pokedex, pulling up the map of the Johto region. "I don't think I introduced myself" the trainer from earlier walked up to us, a Pokeball in hand, "my name's Juno" Ben spoke first, "Hi, I' m Ben it's really nice to meet you, to the left of me is Philly, and to the right is my brother, Nate" pointing at us "sooooo, where you guys heading?"Juno asked, their faces looking up at us, "uh cherry grove City" I say, it was the nearest city, I thought. "Wait really?! Would you mind if we traveled together?" they ask, with an imploring look. We lock eyes for a second before Ben interrupts "Sure! It'd be nice to have a new friend come along with us," he says, a sort of giddy in his voice. It would be nice to talk to someone new, I thought as the four of us headed off.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-