Chapter 4

Florence's POV

Her eyes fluttered awake as she rubbed her eyes. Regret filled her consciousness as she remembered last night. She had only told him those things in an effort to remove his sorrow, but she also wanted her story to be remembered.

It was hard to block out emotions after centuries of being alone and isolated. Because it was difficult, those emotions would've been manipulated into being hers. Causing her to be angry. But a Divine's emotions are intensified.

She rose from her lying position into a sitting position. She missed being able to sleep and awake without the constant fear of drowning in darkness.

Florence could still taste Azriel's pity from last night. But she figured it was better than sorrow. She looked out the window to see the sun had fully risen. They returned late yesterday, so she didn't bathe as she was tired.

But as she looked towards the bathtub, hot water was already waiting for her. She stripped, before dipping in there.

The hot water calmed her muscles as she soaked. She rested her head on the edge of the tub as she let her body submerge. She heard yells from outside. Reminding her of Azriel's date with Gwyn. The male confused her. How can one be held with such high regards by others, but still doubt their worth?

As much as she skimmed through his memories, she tried not to pry too deep. If she wanted to learn about him, she wanted him to tell her the stories behind it all. Behind the scars on his hand and why his breathing hitches every time he looks at it, or why he yearns for Elain, but not her attention or touch.

She relinquished the thoughts to the back of her head. As she did, she realized what she failed to hear earlier. Faint breathing and multiple heartbeats at her door. An amused smile danced onto her face as she covered herself up with a towel before walking towards the door and opening it.

"Yes?" Florence stared back at the doe eyed faces.

"We. . . We weren't sure if you were awake." The blonde managed while shrugging. Florence assumed she was Mor.

Florence lifted her brows, amusement playing in her eyes as she watched the trio stand there awkwardly. "So you decided to spy on me?"

"We weren't really spying." Cassian shrugged, leaning on the door frame.

Florence examined all their faces. Mor was a tall, blonde who reeked of absolute confidence and pride. Cassian was a toned, tall, darker-skinned, build with glowing hazel eyes. Azriel was missing from this trio. But there was a shorter Fae. Her hair was golden-brown and her blue eyes stood out from the rest of her features. She reeked of Rhysand.

"You must be Feyre." Florence filled the awkward silence. "I can smell Rhysand on you."

Feyre awkwardly nodded, a small blush heating her cheeks. "I am."

Florence tilted her head, taking a small step toward Feyre. She couldn't help the next few words that were coming out of her mouth, "I heard you call out for help. There were two voices behind you. I wanted to help, but I couldn't. My curse forbade me. But Bryaxis did. And after you left, I'm assuming Rhysand came. He was angry. He threw the bodies into the cave I resided in."

"Sorry?" Feyre furrowed her brows at the Goddess. She remembered the memory, she just didn't understand why the Goddess was bringing it up.

"No. I'm glad you made it out alive. For a moment, I thought you weren't." Florence admitted, shrugging her shoulders as if it was the most casual conversation she's ever had.