Chapter 14

trigger warning! violence, blood, (graphic details)

there will be another a/n in the story meaning the violence, blood, etc is over!!! enjoy :D

Florence's POV

She wiped away the blood seeping from a small cut on her face. Dirt and blood stained her as she whipped her hand across her body. A blade made from darkness was now held in her hands. She inhaled another deep breath, ignoring the pain coming from her right arm where she was deeply cut.

It would heal in a matter of time.

Florence lunged forward with her blade shielding her. She hit the Fae's sword as she came to a halt. With her free arm, she pulled another blade from thin air, and from below, quickly shoved it into his stomach, curving it into his heart.

An audible gasp was heard from him as his body began to falter. He fell to the ground as blood splattered around him. She pulled back her blade of darkness and removed her stare from the once, alive Fae.

A couple days ago, she would've faltered at this sight. Cried, even. But now, it didn't matter. The scene didn't affect her as much as it would've.

Florence hated that it didn't affect her. She wished with every part of her that it would because the view of others dying not affecting her, proves to her that she has little humanity left. Whatever compassion and sympathy she once had was so little now.

She looked around her. Arae were engaged in battle, fighting. They were warriors with experiences from lifetimes, eternities. Koschei stood no chance. But that doesn't mean a few Arae haven't fallen.

It took everything in Florence to not go over and help them, if not resurrect them. She had one job, get through his followers and go to him. Kill Koschei.

With a sharp inhale of air, she moved to the next Fae in front of her. This time it was a female. The female lunged first, initiating the attack, and dodged Florence's blades.

She needed to feel something. Proof that some part of her was still human. So she let the female lunge her sword into her, right through her stomach, and out into her back.

Florence gasped at the raw feeling. It felt odd. Having something plunged into your stomach so deep. She watched the blood escape the wound as the female twisted her cold sword before pulling out. Florence could feel the metal move around her and it made her cringe.

Expectedly, it pained her. And for a heartbeat, she was stunned, unable to move.

The female, believing Florence was going to die out soon, watched.

The Goddess only took in another sharp inhale of air, ignoring the mild pain, before tilting her head and clicking her tongue. "Better luck next time, perhaps?" She smiled before lunging towards the now, stunned female.

Without a second thought, she sliced her head off. The cut was clean and smooth. Blood spilled onto the ground and across Florence's face.

Florence stood there, out of breath, waiting for the pain to go away. She closed her eyes, facing her head up, trying to catch her breath. She whipped both arms across her body, causing the blades to disappear

"It's not smart to close your eyes during an active war." A voice called out from beside her. A familiar voice. "And unarm yourself."

She opened her eyes, turning her head to the side. General Liljia.