Accidents

JJ's POV:

I pushed away from Will's grip and went to rejoin the team. "Lamontagne, I need you to identify the body for me. If you're comfortable with that," Hotch says. He nods. "Jareau, you're with us" I nod. Great. This day just keeps getting better. We head over to the M.E.

"Yeah. That's Charles Luvet." Will says. For a second, I felt really bad for him. Having to look at his dead partner. That must've been hard. I can't imagine. I offer him help with what he needs to do. "I might just take you up on that offer." he says to me. We head over to the hotel that Luvet was staying at to see if we can find anything that the officers missed.

"He went voluntarily." Hotch says. "How do you know?" Will asks. "Well, you asked the valet about his car. He didn't check in. He rented a car. I'm going to call Garcia and see if she can track where it is." Hotch leaves the room. Will walks past me and grabs my arm. I felt very uncomfortable. I also needed to keep it professional. I didn't need him getting in the way of that.

"Don't" I say. Almost shivering at his touch. "I'm in my dead partner's room and you think I'm in the mood to grab-ass" he walks past me with something in his hand. "What's that?" I ask. "Plastic I.D bracelet," he says. "11257 on it." He looks me dead in the eyes. He throws the plastic gloves in my hand and shoves past me. I felt bad. "Hey, I'm sorry," he ignores me and walks outside.

After finding out that Luvet was at a gay bar, we decided to rethink our victimology. We take a small break. I saw Emily at one of the desks. It was extra hot today. I got 2 waters. One for me and one for her. I walk over and hand one to her. "Oh thank you. You read my mind" She says as she opens the water bottle.

A/N: I'm skipping the part where Emily calls will hot because i physically cannot bring myself to rewatch that. Or even read it. So I added a twist.

"Can you believe it?" She asks.

I look confused at her. "Believe what?"

"That people can be so annoyed and bothered by people loving who they want that they kill,"

"Yeah I know it's crazy."

"I just-" she stops.

"You just what?"

"Never mind" I can tell that something is bothering her more than what she is telling me. But I don't want to pry her and make her tell me. Instead I just continue the conversation.

"The fact people can't love who they want without feeling in danger bothers me. Why can't we love who we want?" OH SHIT! I THINK I SAID TOO MUCH.

She looks at me in shock. "WE?"

"You know what I mean," I laugh nervously, trying to seem less obvious.

"Yeah.." she says.

"Well I'm gonna go see if we got a lead," I say walking away.

What the fuck. I think I just outed myself. I knew I liked both genders. I just wasn't ready to tell anyone. My family was homophobic so i decided to stick with men. But I had a strong preference for women. Oh god. I hope she doesn't bring this back up.