Chapter 12

"Marco, huh?", Liv says while I step into a dress.

"He seems like a good guy", I state starting to slip on my sneakers.

"Oh he is", Olivia agrees. "But I thought you had something going on with the Riddle boy".

I shake my head trying not to think about it. "We're just friends", I tell her.

She frowns. I can tell she doesn't believe me, but doesn't say more.

I'm wearing a simple pink dress that has ruffled sleeves and reaches to my mid thigh. I haven't had a chance to wear it, so I'm glad to be putting it to use. Marco never said where we were going, so I put on something casual that could also be formal. I paired that with my usual tennis shoes and pinned my curly hair back on either side.

Marco was supposed to be here ten minutes ago. I'm confused why he's late because he's also Gryffindor. It wouldn't be so hard to walk across the common room and into the girls dormitories. I almost think he's not going to show when I hear a knock at the door. Olivia jumps up giddy with excitement. Maybe even more excited than me.

I walk to the door before she has a chance to do it herself. When I open it I see Marco wearing dark blue jeans and a simple tee. I suddenly feel overdressed. He assesses me anyway and smiles.

"You look nice Hermoine", He complimented.

I blush, realizing that I've never been on a date before. Ron was too shy to ever ask. And unless you count my few encounters with Victor Krum, this is my first date. I get even more nervous by the second.

I thank Marco and say, "You too".

"Well we should probably go", He says looking at his watch. I agree. As I start to exit I see Liv giving me two thumbs up. I role my eyes sarcastically at her.

As me and Marco are entering the courtyard I finally ask, "so where are we going exactly?".

"Well we're not really supposed to be off school grounds on a weekday so I thought we could just do something here", He motions towards the left side of the courtyard with his hands.

I look over and see the most extravagant picnic I've ever seen. There's lanterns scattered about illuminating the picnic blanket. Which is pink and white. And many different foods dot the blanket. I see sandwhiches, fruits, deserts, and many others. I gasp silently to myself. I look at him in amazement and he stares back awkwardly.

"This is sort of why I was late. Had to put on the finishing touches".

"Wow Marco this is- this is just wow", I say mouth open.

He laughs. "I was hoping you'd like it".

"Like it? I love it", I announce running towards the blanket. I sit down and start examining the food. It all looks fresh and delicious. Of course there's two or three other students on the yard as well. But Marco has placed us far back enough in the corner not to be disturbed.

We take a seat on the blanket. I dig into the dessert immediately. The taste is mouth watering.

"You know my sister don't you?", Marco speaks up.

"Oh uh, yeah. We talk once in a while", I respond. We were also in Dumbledores army together, I think. But don't say.

"You know we're twins right?"

At that my mouth gapes. "Twins? But your in different houses".

He moves his hand in a swishing motion. "Yeah well", He shrugs. "We're complete opposites".