Chapter 6

A/N: Hellooooo peopleee.

Warning: This chapter's gonna be awkward, I'm making Sophie and Linh meet the Vackers for the first time.

In regard to the previous chapter, yes. I added Dex in.

'Cause for one thing, I would be murdered if there was no Dex.

For another thing, the platonic Sodex just HAD to happen... Dex is the axis of KOTLC, I swear.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Sophie

"Your handwriting is horrible, by the way," Liam scoffed.

Sophie kicked his foot under the table. "I had a bad example."

"You talking about me?"

"No, I'm talking about our cow," she said dryly, rolling her eyes.

Two hours upon arriving back in her room, the siblings were leaning over Sophie's desk, poring over documents and paperwork.

"When's the Conference?" She asked suddenly.

Liam tapped his fingers on the table, thinking. "Exactly a month from now. Remember to finish your report by then."

"'Kay, got it," she nodded absently.

The Conference was an annual meeting in which all the Gang Leaders and Heirs of Trio assembled to discuss the conflicts in between the three sides, and settled their crossed businesses or deals.

The thing was, the Conference set to resolve conflicts, usually ended in at least a few people murdered because of created conflicts.

So as a result, the Heirs were always requested to plan and post security, then submit reports to their leaders.

Sophie flipped through a few pieces of paper and snickered. "Your handwriting isn't much better."

Her brother groaned. "Oh, this is going to be so much fun."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Sophie sat in detention, scribbling over a piece of notebook paper, trying to get her thoughts straight to plan her report.

She'd already planned the troops she'd use.

But that didn't help much, since she used the same troops every Conference.

The worst thing was, the location of the Conference changed every year. So that meant all their reports changed every year.

Linh seemed to be done with her report, though. Yet, they were posted in different areas, so she couldn't 'take inspiration' from her.

Sophie frowned, staring at the paper she had in front of her.

Then felt a kick on her chair.

She turned, annoyed. "What do you want, Sencen?"

Keefe smirked. "Just wanted to say, make sure you don't get detention next week."

"And why, exactly, should I care?"

"I wanna introduce you to some people."

Her frown deepened. But... "Fine," she heard herself say.

After a while, she felt another kick to her shin.

What? She mouthed to Linh.

Her friend just shook her head and grinned.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~