Chapter 10

A/N: Hi world, me back and suffering through exams again.... All my exams for this year officially end in October.... UGHH

But all that crap aside, don't mind the fact that this chapter will be VERY awkward. :))

P.S. If you wanna know what I originally planned for this story, comment a 'yes' on this paragraph. :))

P.P.S Imma add A/Ns in this story, just a warning. 

~

Sophie

Sophie had cried herself to sleep unknowingly. Ahem, cried herself to sleep in Keefe's arms.

Like, what the actual heck, she'd never done anything more embarrassing.

She woke up about two hours later to see him casually scrolling through social media on his phone, his jacket around her shoulders.

She didn't know what to say. So she settled for the most diplomatic approach. 

"Why didn't you wake me?"

He didn't even look up before replying,  "You seemed very happily asleep. And I didn't want to ruin your dreams of me," he smirked. "If you asked me nicely, I can help you make those dreams come true." (Y'all, if you're thinking what I think you're thinking, then stop thinking. :)) )

She choked. "And if I dreamt of killing you?"

"Ouch," he had the audacity to feign hurt. "I didn't know you could ever think that about me."

"Well technically, to probably everyone else, you look just as tempting to kill."

"That hurt."

"Good."

He chuckled, and damn him (or herself), did he have to have such a soothing voice?!?!?

Something was either wrong with the world, or wrong with her. But she supposed that both had been wrong from the start.

She cleared her throat. "Thank you. For... Listening, and... Actually bothering to care." She winced at the choice of words, but those were true. Apart from her two brothers, no one else knew her history. Nor did anyone else care, or ever bothered to ask. 

"Hey," his voice turned soft, and he used a gentle finger to tilt her chin so that her eyes met his. "You really think I wouldn't? I've never seen someone as brave as you. Someone willing to stand beatings as long as the people around her are safe."

She couldn't take it. The pressure. Deep down, she knew she was a coward. All she had to do was to kill William, then let Liam and Dave take over Wrath. Some of their subordinates would be more than happy if that were to happen. Yet, if she did that, that would uproot her entire life. 

And she was afraid of the change. 

Maybe that made her selfish, dozens of people died every day just because of a failed errand, or maybe they pissed her father enough for him to want to kill them. 

"I'm not," she said slowly.

Keefe raised an eyebrow. 

"I'm not brave," she clarified. 

He blinked, eyes clouding over with something that might have been grief. 

And before she knew it, the finger under her chin lifted her lips to his. (Now imagine Liam just popping up 'cause he's looking for his 'lil sis that suddenly disappeared off the face of the earth. :)) But I'm not that cruel, don't worry.)