001.

(Age 8)

[Y/n Pov]

I was walking home, I just got done playing with my friends, Eren, Jean, Sasha, Connie, and others. They're so cool to play with! I made a new friend to! She's from the village north of here, it's close to an ocean, so I don't know why they would want to move here.

I smiled when I saw my mom and dad. Dad was in his working suit, he's a soldier! "Welcome home, darling. Did you have fun with your friends?" My mom, she's a veteran, asked me, giving me a kiss on the cheek and helping my dad fix his working suit. "Mhm! I made a new friend! She's new here, she came from the north! Where there's a big ocean view!" I said, dreamingly, as my parents chuckled. "Okay, sweetie. Maybe we can go see the ocean, huh? Me, you, Romero, and mom? The dream." Dad spoke, softly, as mom laughed at our silly childish antics. "Okay, okay, sweetie, your about to be late. You know, the carriage isn't going to wait for you~" Mom taunted, as dad huffed and frowned, giving both of us the biggest hugs. "Oh, I love you both, the only women I love in my life." We smiled and hugged each other.

The next day

I had bid my mother goodbye, as I went to the new girls' home -her name is Mikasa!- to give her a welcoming gift. I knocked on their door and waited awhile, till the door opened. There was a blonde man who was smiling. "H-hi, mister. I wanted to give you, and your family, this." I handed him the chicken soup, with water. "Oh, thank you! I can't thank you enough, ?" He questioned, obviously not knowing my name. "Y/n." We both said at the same time, Mikasa smiling at me. "Oh, you two have met already?" The man smiled at the young ravenette girl, as she nodded. "Thank you for the gift, Y/n. I'll be sure to repay you!" "No need, mister! We don't need anything from you, but thank you for the offer!" I smiled and waved, slightly getting flustered when I saw Mikasa smile, going back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You gave the Ackerman's the gift, Y/n?" Mom asked, and I nodded smiling up at her.

[Time skip (age 13)]

I smiled as my friends made fun of each other. "Hey, Y/n, think you'll get any suitors?" Connie asked, genuinely curious. "No, I don't think I will have any, if I stay here in the village." I giggled as he blushed from embarrassment. "Oh, yeah, suitors are looking for woman in the castle." He 'whispered', to myself. Jean and Sasha laughed at him.

[3rd Pov]

As Connie was trying to defend himself against Jean and Sasha remarks. Mikasa looked at Y/n, jealously. Not jealous of her, but at the men who would gawk over her, and she'll probably give them her sweet, caring smile, not realizing that she's making them fall deeper in love. "Mikasa, you look like a man, now that you've cut your hair." Floch tch'd, obviously trying to hide his feelings for her. "I don't care, you burden." She remarked, glaring at him. He froze, in shock and in heartbreak. "I'm a burden to you?-" "Yes." Floch held in his tears and walked away, as Mikasa continued admiring Y/n.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Mikasa Pov]

"Mikasa, how are you doing?" Y/n asked me, making me feel delighted and happy. "I am doing well, thank you for asking, Y/n." I looked to the side, hiding my blush. I realized I like women when I was 11 years old. I couldn't stop thinking about how nice it would to date a woman, how soft her touch would be, her soft lips, definitely softer and nicer then men. I also realized I liked my best friend, Y/n L/n, when I was 12. She was all I could think about, spending the rest of my life with, but she can't know that. No one can, or I'll get severely punished by the king if word gets out.

"You sure you're okay, Mika? Do you have a fever? We should get to a hospital-" "I'm fine, Y/n. Thank you for your worries, but I'm fine." I smiled, looking down, hearing her sigh in relief. "Wanna go to the field?" She asked, talking about the dandelion field we used to go as children. We'd run in there for hours, as our parents were worried sick about us. "Sure, I would love to go." Especially with you.. We smiled and held hands as we ran towards the field, she was wearing shorts under her sun dress as I wore boy pants and a button up, with some nice and comfortable shoes.

"Wow, it's as beautiful, as always."

[Y/n Pov]

I laughed and ran, with Mikasa right next to me. I've had on a crush on her since we were children, I haven't, nor will, tell her. The punishment, if word gets out that I like women more then friends, could lead to death. But I didn't think of that, right this second. All I can think of is how beautiful Mikasa looks when we're alone, or how she seems to forget everything but our and the flowers existence. We smiled and held hands, running like there's no tomorrow.

Suddenly, I felt like I was getting picked up from behind. I quickly looked back, and saw Mikasa going to throw me in a pond. "Mikasa, no!" I laughed as I made impact with the water. Another splash made it's way into my ears, as I turned and saw a damp Mikasa smiling at me. Such a child. I laughed and wiped the water dripping down to her eyes, so she can see better. She smiled, and gently held my hand. "You look stunning, as one english man might say." We laughed, laughed to our hearts content.

Mikasa grabbed me by the waist, and hand, beginning to hum a slow song, as we began to dance in the pond. The daylight still bright, and the birds flying, it was a dream. The perfect dream. I sighed, lovingly, listening to her voice. I held her shoulder, and placed my face in the crook of her neck.

This had became a routine, whenever we came to the field. Getting thrown into the pond, slow dancing in it, then taking care of each other after, so we don't catch a cold.

[Word count 1080]