003.

[3rd Pov]

Two years has past, and the feelings between the two, 15 year old women, has stayed the same.

Currently, Y/n is at home, helping her mother set up decorations. Mikasa is cutting firewood for both the Braus's and L/n's. Mikasa had got more "manly" as some may say, but no one cared much. Since, she was still very beautiful.

[Y/n Pov]

"Mother, is this okay?" I asked, holding up a wine bottle. "For your father, no. But, I'll help myself." My mother laughed, and set the wine bottle on the table. "Romero, have you got the cards?" Mom yelled, as Romero came rushing down and handed the cards to us. "This is perfect, thank you." I ruffled his hair. "No problem, can I go help Mika now??" Our mom chuckled at his eagerness and nodded.

We were setting up for father. He's coming home in about half an hour, or that's what we were told. I was excited, I haven't seen father since I was 12. He's been fighting in the war, and helping the king. I can't wait for him to get here!

[Sasha Pov]

"Looking good, Mika!" I laughed, and nudged her shoulder. She sighed and pushed me off her, throwing her arms up and down with an axe, slicing the wood completely. "What do you want, Sasha?" She asked, drenched in sweat. "Nothing~ do you want me to get Y/n-" I got hit with a sweat drenched shirt. "Shut up, especially in public, you idiot." She blushed, and shook her head.

She told me about her crush on Y/n when she first developed the feeling. I mean we are bestest of friends, she tells me everything! I didn't, and still don't, care about how she's a woman and loving a non man. I, myself, don't like labels. If you give me food, I love you!

"Yeah, sorry bout that!" I rubbed the back of my neck. "But, I'm pretty sure she'll want to see some action-" I had got karate chopped on the head. "Oww!!!" "Shush, I didn't even hit you that hard." She rubbed my head and continued cutting the firewood.

"Hey, guys! Can I help?" Lil' boy Romero asked. "Of course, ya can-" "No, it's dangerous for a child to deal with weapons." Mikasa interrupted. "I'm not a child! I'm a fully fledge man!" Romero remarked, pleading. "C'mon, Mika! What's the worst that can happen?" Mikasa shook her head, and sighed in disappointment, as she gave the boy the axe. "Fine."

[Time Skip<30 mintues>]

[Y/n Pov]

I went looking for Mikasa, because I knew Romero was going to be with her. "Hey, Y/n! Romero is at the your and Mika's field!" Eren smirked, and nudged my shoulder. "It's not like that, Eren. I'm just looking for my brother." I rolled my eyes, playfully. "Its okay, no need to feel ashamed. You like her, don't you?" He gave me a soft smile, and put his arm over my shoulder. "Eren, don't even joke about that. And, of course I don't! Now, if I must, I have to go get my brother." I huffed, and flicked his chest. "Alright, see ya later."

Stupid Eren. I don't have a crush on Mikasa. It's forbidden.

It's what I always told myself. "It's forbidden." I sighed, and walked to the field. In the distance I saw Romero, Mikasa, and Sasha. "Romero! We have to head home!" I called out to him, smiling and waving at the two girls. "Okay! Bye Mikasa, bye Sash!" He bid his farewells, and we headed home. He kept ranting on about the village rumors. Apparently Mr. Grisha Jäeger had not been faithful to Mrs. Carla Jäeger. I felt bad for the woman, she loved that man sincerely. Then, he returned it with unfaithfulness.

But apparently, he cheated on the woman with Mrs. Carla. It's said that he married the woman first, then when she no longer looked "pretty" and his son failed to be a honored warrior, he abandoned them and was abusive to both. No one knows what is happening or what Carla is going to do.

"Hey, it's a sin to gossip." A familiar, masculine, voice called out. "But tell me, later." The man whispered, and winked at us. I looked up and saw Oyankopon. "Oyan'!" Romero quickly engulfed the man in a hug. "Hello, Oyankopon! How was the trip? Not long I hope!" I smiled and gave him a hug. "Oh no! Don't worry, your father kept me company! Great man, like his children!" We laughed, and caught up with each other.

Oyankopon used to babysit us when our parents had to help in the war. Now, he delivers food stamps to our, and other village markets.

"Hey, tell your mother I said hello, and save me some of that Róse for me!" He exclaimed, as we laughed. "Okay, see you later, Oyan'! Have a good, rest of your, day!" We bid our goodbyes, then went home. I was excited to see father again, just hoping no major injuries had happened to him.

We went inside our home, squeezing each others hands, slowly walking into the kitchen. "My dear, you're has handsome as the day I met you. Nothing changes." I heard mother say, in a melancholic tone of voice. I got nervous, as we walked around the kitchens blinds and saw my father.

What happened out there? Tears spilled from my face down cheek, and fell onto the ground on my knees. "Sweetie, take your brother upstairs." I was frozen, what happened to cause my father this much pain.

He had lost an eye, his foot, and 4 fingers. He was half bald, with charcoal or flint, and had blood drip down his head. "NOW Y/N!" I snapped out of my gaze and ran upstairs, with Romero.

[Word count 980]