Chapter 2

BEEP.  BEEP.  BEEP.

"Ehh," I groaned. I wanted to groan more, but my throat was too dry so speak. I opened my eyes a little bit to see Jasper and Trey sitting beside me in chairs. Both of their heads in their hands. Was I in the hospital? What happened? Then all the memories came rushing back.

The car crash.

I felt the pain on my leg and my back ached. But my left leg was worse. It was in a neon green cast. I bet Trey picked it out. He knew it was my favorite color.

I groaned again. Louder this time. Both of their heads snapped up and they rushed to my side. Wait, why was Jasper here?

"Wate-" I tried to say water but I was cut of by a horrible coughing fit. When I was finished and my throat was cleared I said it again, successfully this time.

Trey rushed out of the room to get a nurse while Jasper handed me water in a little paper cup. I drank It all in a matter of seconds.

Able to speak now I said, "How long have you and Trey been here?" I asked

"A few days..." He said

"I've been you that long?!" I screamed sitting up, but immediately regretting it when I felt the pain in my back.

Jasper pinned me down "Ah ah ah," He scolded. "You can't get up. And, you have some explaining to do." Was that hurt on his face? No, at least I hope not.

"Oh yeah?" I flirted

"Yeah," He said seriously. Okay now I was confused. Why didn't he flirt back?

"Why'd you get so angry when I asked to hang out?" He said curiously. Even though his tone was curious, his eyes showed hurt and pain.

I didn't know how to answer. It didn't  seem right to answer the question like 'Oh yeah I'm a werewolf and I don't want to be near you or even talk to you because I think you're my mate and you don't deserve me.' Yeah.

'How original, Avery,' My wolf told me. My wolf wanted him. She wanted him so bad but I told her no. Why do they have to have a mind of their own? She thinks he's the one. I scolded her for that.

"You wouldn't understand," I said quickly. He was about to question me further when Trey came through the door followed by a nurse. She quickly escorted everyone out. Phew.

"How do you feel?" the nurse asked me politely.

"Horrible. Painful. Sleepy." The nurse asked me a few more questions and left the room, leaving me to sleep.

--------------------------------------------

"So, Avery, You thought you were cool enough? You thought you were good enough to be in our group? Well you thought wrong." Said Danny.

"Danny why are you doing this? What did I do?" I asked him, tears threatening to spill over.

"Poor little Avery, thinking you were good enough. The only place you belong is in the trash." Said Danny. The group behind him laughed at me, and slowly walked closer.

"Get her."

Then I screamed.

-----------------------------------

I wake up to find everyone crowding over me, Their eyes clouded with worry.

"W-what happened," I asked breathing heavily.

They just stared at me with worry.

"Well?" I asked, my breathing growing heavier. I sat up in my seat and wrapped the blankets around me.