Chapter 8

Avery's P.O.V.

"Jasper!" I screamed out as I saw my mate fall to the ground. I was enraged.

"Why would you do that?!" I screamed at Joslyn

'Trey, help me. At the Pier" I tried to link to my brother. I'm assuming he was asleep, seeing as I got no response.

"I told you baby girl, He'll be mine."

"But.. Y-you shot him." I whimpered. I felt our link weakening. He was loosing blood. Fast.

"He'll be okay. But as soon as your gone. He'll have no choice but to choose me!" She hissed teasingly. She knew this was enraging me. But the sad part is I was still tied up. Then it dawned on me.

'I'm a werewolf. Wow Avery you're stupid." I thought as I aroused my wolf, Stella.

I put forward all my strength as I changed into my pure white wolf. I heard a gasp from Joslyn, and I laughed at her stupidity. There weren't even any silver in the bindings. That had me wondering if she was even a wolf.

"B-but... How..... They said they where indestructible!" She stammered enraged at how her body guards lied to her. She shook her head while slowly backing away as I closed in on her.

I responded with a throaty growl. I had to end this, end her right here. Right now. This puts two people on my murder list.

"P-please. D-don't. I'll do anything!" The pleaded, now crawling instead of walking. I didn't listen to her effortless amount of pleads. I raised my paw and gashed across her face in anger. How dare she shoot my mate!

"Please, Avery!" She said. These are the last words that anyone will ever hear of Joslyn.

I bit into her jugular and held my strong grip until I fel her body go limp. I grabbed her hood and dragged her to the edge of the water, along with her remaining bodyguard. That did her a lot of good didn't it?

I quickly turned my attention to my bleeding mate. I flopped him onto my back and ran full speed top the nearest hospital.

I arrived in about 3 minutes tops. Boy did it feel good to run. I haven't ran in FOREVER. I shifted into human form, not caring that I had no clothes on. All I cared about was saving my mate.

I grabbed his upper arms and ran into the hospital emergency room, screaming at the top of my lungs.

"Help him! Please someone help him! He's been shot!"

On that note, two nurses and a doctor cam running out with a blue stretcher. I reluctantly let Jasper out of my grasp and watched as the doctors carried him away. I got up to follow them when a nurse got in my way.

"Miss. I'm going to have to ask you to follow me." She said reluctantly eyeing my body. I suddenly realised that I was naked. In a hospital. Wow I probably look like a drunk.

"But.... I need to stay with him. Please." I said, beginning to ramble. But I realized I wasn't going to win at the unimpressed look she was giving me. "Okay." I sighed following to nurse to a hospital room.

"Here, put this on and wash up. Ring that buzzer when you're done." She said pointing to a little remote attached to the side of the bed, then leaving a hospital robe on the bed and closing the door as she walked away.

I quickly showered and put on the robe, then settled myself on the lumpy hospital bed. I searched for the buzzer, and nearly jumped out of my hospital robe when it made a high pitched beeping sound.

"Stupid buzzer. Jeez" I mumbled laying down in the bed.

"Ma'am. Yes, hello. I'm Nurse Brooks. I'll be taking your tests and taking care of you until tomorrow, when you'll be released." She smiled kindly. I nodded my head in response