Chapter 6

Avery's P.O.V.

"Wake up, Sunshine! Time to cast your rays among the world and grace us with your beauty!" Screamed that familiar annoying voice. I groaned at rolled over in my bed. He came around to the other side and and started to jump on my bed. I lifted my leg and kicked him in the stomach. No, not really hard, just hard enough to make him stop. I laughed as he collapsed into a heap of soft giggling and groaning. I smiled, feeling pleased with my actions, and flopped back down onto my bed and dozed off.

"I'll get you back," I heard Jasper whisper in a mischievous way. He kissed my temple then went into the bathroom. I figured he was going to take a shower, so I allowed myself to go back to sleep.

The next time I cam to my senses I felt myself being lifted from my bed. I was to tired to open my eyed, so I let whoever it was carry me. I assumed it was Jasper, so I was content. The next thing I know I was covered in once again in once again in cold water. I gasped and gaped at Jasper through my groggy vision. I stood there with a smug look on his face. Wait, was I in the bathroom? It turns out he laid me in a bathtub, full of freezing cold water.

"Oh, you did not." I growled. His face took a turn for the worst. He had the most scared expression I think he ever could have managed. I pounced on him, but he easily dodged it while sprinting out of the bathroom. When I caught up to him he was fumbling with the front door. I smiled at myself knowing he was trapped. I was about to pounce on him again when there was a knock at the door.

I pushed past him and opened the door revealing a gorgeous blond, with bright blue eyes outlined with black eyeliner. She had on a loose white tank top and skinny jeans. She wore combat boots with a black purse at her side. She was so beautiful. She didn't even acknowledge my presence as she rushed to Jasper.

"JAS! I haven't seen you in forever baby!" She said embracing him. Did she just call him baby? Jasper didn't respond, but immediately pushed her off.

"Oh, baby. Don't be so shy! I've missed you," She said purring. Who does she think she is? A fucking cat?!

"Oh, hi Jos," He said awkwardly. He knew her? Wait of course. She knew his name. And called hm baby. My wolf growled at her. Her stench. Her looks. Her voice. Everything. "Jos, this is Avery. Avery meet Joslyn." I smiled and stuck out my hand. She rolled her eyes, and took a step closer to Jasper.

"So. How do you know Jasper?" I questioned enthusiastically. She smiled at me.

"Oh, I'm his Mate," She said proudly. My eyes widened in shock. MATE?! That's impossible. I shook my head.

"But. Th-How-I'm," I stuttered. I looked at Jasper in confusion. I was about to double over in tears. No. I wasn't going to break down now. At least not in front of her. I was about to run, but his eyes begged for me to stay and listen.

"Wait, Ave. I can explain everything," I looked at him, waiting or him to explain. He took my hand and motioned to the living room.

"Joslyn. You're not my mate. Avery is. I thought we were supposed to be together, But then I met Avery," He said pulling me down so that I was sitting on his lap. I cuddled into his chest. It took all that I had not to laugh at the dumbfounded look on Joslyn's face. "Joslyn I know we had a thing, but that's over. I have Avery and you need to go find your mate. I want us both to be happy," He said looking between up.

"But, baby. I thought we both were happy when we-" She said only to be cut off.

"Joslyn. It's time for you to leave," He said solemnly.

"I will have you Jasper. No matter what it takes we will be together, I can promise you that," She said as she walked out the door. God I hope I never see that witch again. I looked at Jasper. I had thousands of questions running through my head. But he changed the subject like he could hear my thoughts. Hmm...