1

It was 3am when I suddenly and surprisingly woke up. I hurriedly threw my sheets off of me and dashed to my studio in my house. I turned on all the devices, including musical instruments, starting with my computer.

The first thing I do is record the beat by voice in my phone so I don't forget. Once that's done, I start pressing random cords, and mixing in pitches, rhythms, and sound affects, until I finally have the sound of the beat and the momentum that I want, figured out. Once I have the beginning and middle, I stop and think of some topic or song titles that would fit within the beat before I do anything else extreme or deme it trash that I somewhat came up with.

     Before I even start to think of the titles, I receive a call from Pd-nim. He hates when I call him Bang Pd-nim, so he makes me call him uncle instead.

     As I reach for the phone and notice the time.
5am
     When I answer the first thing that comes out of my mouth is 'mhm'. After that I'm welcomed to complete silence. A few seconds go by before I realize my mistake. I roll my eyes, and say, "Yes Uncle, what can I do for you on this beloved and beautiful morning." He only sighs at my sarcasm and responds with, "We're having an early meeting, bring in what you have so far and don't be late.... Oh and don't forget it's your turn to bring coffee," and hangs up. As I was about to call him back for the time and ask 'with what money' he sends a message saying

Uncle nim
I sent the money to your account even though you have PLENTY, and the meeting is in 25 minutes:)

     I felt my eyes widen and I rush to save my recent recording and transfer it to my laptop while turning off all my devices. Once there all off, I grab my backpack and put in my charger, laptop, snacks, glasses, my black high top converse shoes, more snacks, and zip it up. The next thing I know I'm running through the streets on my phone ordering coffee with black sweatpants and a plain white shirt, with slippers on, and struggling to put on my coat, and a bucket hat while out of breath, and holding onto my backpack. Once I end the call, I check my phone and it's already 5:10.

     I'm almost out of time so I forget I'm even still breathing while it's 40 degrees outside. Once I see the café I ordered coffee from, I dash in, just in time for my name to be called. I pay and tell the cashier to 'keep the change' while running outside to catch a taxi. I honestly didn't know what was going through my mind as I was heading out the penthouse because I could've been quicker with my car. When I get inside the taxi I tell them to head to 'Bighit Entertainment' as quick as possible. Once he knows where we're going the first thing he does is step on the gas. I was a bit surprised he listened but he then told me 'I know what it's like to have to rush to work,' as he says that I let out a chuckle and tell him 'you have no idea.' After that he turns up that radio and I try my best to catch my breath as I still have a bit of time.

We talked a bit and apparently his name is Mr. Choi Seon, he lives with his wife Choi Yonna, and two daughters. I told him my name was Song Y/n and what I work as, he was shocked to say the least to know that nobody in the company except Bang Pd-nim, Sejin, and two of my female colleagues know I'm a girl.

Once I arrived, I tipped that man, who got me here in less than 5 minutes, a generous amount. Mr. Choi called out my name before I went inside the building. "Ms. Song your change!" I turn to look at him and say, "It's fine keep it, until next time." I waved goodbye to him before he chuckles at my kindness and drives off.

As I rush into the building, I hurriedly fixed any fallen pieces of hair back into my bucket hat before the lady at the reception desk waved me good morning. I waved back and make my way to the elevator. Once it stops on my floor, I get out running to the meeting while stuffing any remaining pieces of my loose hair back into my bucket hat. As I finished I take a deep breath, lower my hat to cover my eyes a bit and open the door.

Everyone stops talking and stops what they're doing and looks at me.

Sejin is the first to say something to me with a shocked face (I'm always late to meetings, so figures). "Song your early, the meeting doesn't start until 7:15." I look at the clock and it says 6:25. I freeze and slowly turn my head to Uncle-nim and glare at him with exhaustion and annoyance in my eyes.

He looks at me sheepishly and avoids my stare for a few seconds and turns to look back at me with the an angered look. He then shouts while pointing a finger at me, "You're always late and sleeping in. You know I like it when people are early or on time."

     Before I'm able to respond to Uncle-nim, Bangtan walk through the door.

"What did we miss?"

———-
Don't forget to Vote!!