Chapter Three

AN: hey guys! My birthday was on June 23 so yay I'm a year older now! I'm currently writing this the day after but this won't be uploaded until Sunday (or Monday idk man). Also an extra long chapter for today because I wanted to write about the dimitrescu family sue me

Bela sighed and left her room, going down to the dining hall to eat with her mother and sisters. Daniela hadn't yet arrived, but Cassandra had. They were still waiting for their mother, Lady Alcina Dimitrescu, to make her way to the dining hall.

"Good morning, Cass." Bela smiled at her sister as she sat down, feeling the warm summer sun from the window. "Good morning, Bela." The brunette replied, giving her sister a smile back. "Did you sleep well?" Bela asked, holding back giggles. "Ha ha, very funny." Cassandra rolled her eyes. They could hear the sound of Daniela making her way across the castle and to the dining hall, most likely holding one of those romance novels their mother always gave her for her birthday.

Speaking of, they didn't actually know their birthdays. I mean I guess they were all "born" on the same day, but that would complicate it more, so they each chose a certain day of the year to celebrate their birthday. Bela chose July 8th, while Cassandra chose February 15th, and Daniela chose October 31st. Their mother was more than happy to celebrate with them, always loving giving her daughter's gifts.

Daniela opened the door to the dining hall and came in, sitting down next to Bela. "Good morning, Dani." Cassandra said, sitting on one side by herself. She didn't mind this, besides, she sat closest to mother. "What are you reading today, Daniela?" Bela asked after giving her sister a hearty rub on the head, messing up her hair in the process. "Oh, I'm rereading my favorite book!" Daniela said excitedly, holding up the book. "Aren't all of the romance books your favorite?" Cassandra said, leaning on her elbow. "Yes, but this one is special! The vampires in the book are like us! Well not exactly but mostly!" She exclaimed, always all too happy to talk about the book she's reading.

"That's lovely, Dani. Oh, shh, mother's coming." Bela said, making all the girls straighten their posture and take their elbows off the table as to not get their mother complaining about having to get the maids to wash the long tablecloth again.

Two maids struggled to pull the door open, but once they did, there was their mother, as beautiful as always. She smiled at her daughters and made her way to the edge of the table, sitting down at the head of it, right next to her beloved daughters. "Hello mother, did you sleep well?" Cassandra asked. "I slept good. A little worse than usual, though. There was some noise coming from the west wing." Shit. 'My room's in the west wing.' Bela panicked internally but maintained her composure physically. "Maybe it was a maid? I heard it too." Daniela proposed, said maids setting down their breakfast in front of them.

   "That's certainly possible, but it also could've been a samcâ." Bela said, sighing in relief. "What is- oohhh" Daniela said, putting her book down on her lap. "Oh, you've named those winged beasts, have you? Lovely, girls." The lady Alcina Dimitrescu said, taking a bite of her breakfast. "Hmm, who prepared breakfast today? It tastes better than usual." This prompted Cassandra to take her first bite of the food as well. "Yes, you're right mother. It does."

"A wonderful start to a special day!" Lady Dimitrescu said. "Wait, what's today?" Bela asked, dozing off and staring down at her bowl of oatmeal. "Mother Miranda, and the other lords I guess, are coming over today!" Alcina said excitedly. "Ooh yay! We get to see Uncle Karl and Auntie Donna!" Daniela said, clapping her hands together. "Don't forget Uncle Sal, Dani." Bela said, laughing. "Yes, all of them are coming over. I'm expecting you girls to be on your best behavior, okay?" Alcina said, finishing off her breakfast. "Yes, mother." The three daughters said in unison.

"Are you finished with you food, miss?" A maid asked Bela. "Oh just a bit more, thank you though." She said, continuing to eat her oatmeal. "I'm finished." Cassandra said, gesturing for the maid to come over. "Yes, miss." The maid made her way over with haste, as Bela finished her oatmeal. "Mother, may I be excused so that I can freshen up before the visitors come?" She asked. "Of course, Bela. But don't be too long." Bela nodded at her mother and stood up, dusting off her skirt as she left the room to go to her room.

Bela went into her room and shit the door behind her, looking in the mirror on her vanity. She quickly fixed her hair and then opened her balcony door. Where had (Y/n) gone? Could she spot them amongst the other samcâ if she really tried?

The blonde felt the warm summer air on her skin and sighed, closing her eyes to take a deep breath. When she opened them she found herself faced with a samcâ flying straight towards her. "(Y/n)?" She asked. "Jeez, how'd you guess?" They asked, sitting down on the fence of the room. By now they had transformed into a flying human thing. This time however they remembered to put clothing on. It would be weird if they didn't. "How's your day going so far?" They asked Bela. "Pretty good, but Mother Miranda and the other lords are coming over. We can't speak for long." Bela said, leaning on the fence. "Any amount of time spent with you is fine, Bela." They said jokingly.

Bela flushed and turned her head away. "Thanks. You too." She said. "Thanks. How much time do you say we have until someone notices that I'm here? Five, ten minutes?" (Y/n) said, trying to not laugh like a fucking idiot at Bela's response to what they said. "Hmm..probably around seven minutes? Yeah." She thought to herself. "Say, do you want to help me pick out an outfit? When I was getting dressed I didn't know my entire extended family was coming over." Bela asked. "Sure. I mean I'm not the most fashionable individual, but I can help." They said, chuckling. Bela fixed her posture and gestured for (Y/n) to follow her inside.

"Jesus your room is even fancier in the daytime." They said quietly to themselves. "Sure. Anyways I want to be comfortable but not too comfortable, casual but still fashionable- hey are you paying attention?" Bela asked, turning around from her closet to see (Y/n) running their finger along some of the gold decals on the door of her room. "(Y/n) no-" Bela sighed and tapped their shoulder. "Oh sorry." They turned around and looked at the dresser. "What about.. that?" They asked, pointing at a formal dress. "I'm hanging out with my family, not going to a banquet." She said. "Hey you'd still look beautiful in it." They shrugged. Bela blushed once more and sighed. "That-that isn't the point, (Y/n)."

"Alright, alright." They looked closer at the clothing and picked out some things, holding them on their arms and choosing between things. They were a painter before they were infected, putting together a coherent outfit shouldn't be too hard, right? (Y/n) put a long black skirt on the bed, but we're still choosing between two different tops. They eventually chose a black ruffly off the shoulder blouse with flared sleeves and put what looked like and functioned like stays on top of it. "What about this?" They asked Bela.

"How did you-? Whatever. It's great." Bela knew better than to just question them. They barely had time before someone noticed them together and told Lady Dimitrescu. "Oo what about accessories?" They asked, starting to dig around. "Hey, be careful! You could break something!" Bela exclaimed, pulling her jewelry box away from them. "Awww." They pouted. Bela opened the box on her bed and stared looking through, eventually just setting her everyday necklace(s) on the bed.

"Thanks for helping me, (Y/n). You didn't have to, you know." Bela said. "It's no problem. I like spending time with you anyways." They said. "I'll see you tonight?" She raised an eyebrow. "Definitely." They said. The two stood in awkward silence for a second, not knowing what to do. Finally, Bela leaned over and gave them a kiss on the cheek, quickly realizing what she did and turning away, her entire face beet red. "Uhm, goodbye!" (Y/n) said, embarrassed. "Bye." Bela said quietly, waiting for them to leave so that she could close the door to the balcony and get changed.

Once she got settled and had changed, she sat down on her bed and tried to slow down her heartbeat. It had been several minutes since they left, why was she still freaking out? "Urgh! I don't have time for this!" She ran her fingers through her hair and took a deep breath in, then going to leave her room when she heard a voice call for her.

"Miss Bela! Mother Miranda has arrived!"