Chapter Four

An: hey guys! Thanks for all the love! I'm sorry if I start posting a bit off schedule, my mom broke her ankle so I have to help her around the house. Also this chapter is going to have next to none of (Y/n) but it is going to introduce the other lords! Going to try to make the chapters longer from now on btw!

Bela panicked for a second before opening her door, nearby stood Cassandra and Daniela, waiting for her. "Sorry guys, I was changing." She said, her face still flushed. Daniela had a strange look on her face, but they continued on, walking down the stairs to see their family.

It was Lord Karl Heisenberg that they saw first. "Uncle Karl!" Daniela said excitedly, rushing to hug him. "Calm down girls, you must say hello to Mother Miranda." Their mother said, gesturing to the woman with wings. "Yes, mother." The three said, going to say hello to her. "Hello Mother Miranda." Bela said, nodding her head to her. "Hello Bela, my darling." She said back. Bela wanted to leave as fast as possible, Mother Miranda always made her uncomfortable. She didn't know what it was, but just- something about her. She seemed like she was hiding something all the time. Like everywhere she went Mother Miranda would be there, watching.

   But we don't have time to unpack all of that, so let's move onto the other lords! Once Bela escaped Mother Miranda she joined her sisters in greeting their uncle Karl. Karl Heisenberg was a rather short and (usually) dirty man, unless he had been roped into being cleaned up by the daughters. He certainly had an interesting personality, to say the least. While he was a great inventor and had an incredible mind, he never denied time with his nieces, and the daughters felt the same.

   Daniela, once she had said hello to Mother Miranda, pretty much sprinted over to her uncle and gave him a hearty hug. Bela and Cassandra laughed and gave him a much more calm welcome into their home. "Good to see you girls." He said, smiling. "Ooh! Can we play chess, Uncle Karl?" Bela asked, clapping her hands together. The other girls knew how to play but barely ever wanted to, mostly since Bela always beat them but also because they didn't care for chess as much as she did, but Uncle Karl always did, and it was usually a pretty fair battle. "Later, Bela, later." He reassured her, and went to talk to Cassandra.

   Their Aunt Donna Beneviento, who was very close to their age, possibly younger, was a reserved woman. She barely ever talked unless caught off guard or provoked enough, instead electing to have her companion, and mouthpiece, Angie speak for her. Angie was a lanky porcelain doll that stood at around two feet, although this was an estimate since Bela had never bothered to check, who wore a stiff and dirty wedding dress. Donna herself wore a black mourning gown most of the time. Bela had been to her house one time and she was sure that was her entire wardrobe. Donna herself had a large scar across her face which she hid underneath a black veil.

   "Hello Aunt Donna," Bela said, strolling over to greet her. "And Angie." She said with some annoyance to the doll the woman was holding. "Hello Bela! Looking different today." Angie said in place of Donna herself. Bela racked her brain for something to say in response. "Well it's always good to try something new, isn't it?" She said, holding her hands behind her back. "Looking cleaner than usual! Good, good." Bela just smiled and waved, moving past the two.

   Her Uncle, Salvatore Moreau was an interesting man, to say the least. Well you could barely call him a man because of his large hunched back and fish-like face. He had a love of old romance movies, a love which Bela shared. He really was sweet, he was constantly left out by the other lords, but Bela and her sisters always made sure to give him love. He did smell strongly of fish, though, which made it a bit hard.

   "Hey Uncle Sal!" Bela said, giving the man a hug. "Hello Bela!" He said excitedly, hugging her as well. "Bela, I brought one of my favorite movies again! Can we watch it!" He asked excitedly, pulling out the vhs tape from his jacket. "Of course, Uncle Sal. We'll watch it after lunch, ok?" She said, smiling. "Ok!" He smiled as well and clapped his hands together, accidentally dropping the tape, but Bela picked it up for him.

   "Alright, shall we all go to the dining hall?" Alcina said, her voice echoing throughout the hall. "Yes, mother." The three daughters said, appearing by her side. "Yes, I've been waiting to eat all day!" A porcelain doll appeared flying in front of Alcina's face. "Donna, control your doll, will you?" The lady groaned, massaging her nose. "Yes, ma'am." Angie said, flying back into Donna's arms.

   The group all walked through the castle into the dining hall and sat down, mother Miranda at the head of the table and Lady Dimitrescu sitting next to her. Heisenberg sat opposite the Lady and the daughters all sat next to their mother. Donna and Salvatore sat next to Heisenberg. Maids came out with lunch and sat it in front of everyone. The meal itself wasn't important at all, it was just average. Bela, however, had been completely disassociated the entire time, and snapped back after everyone else had already gotten about halfway through their meal.

   "Bela, are you alright?" Daniela asked her quietly, nudging her. "Yes, I'm ok Dani." Bela reassured her sister. Her mind was fixated on something. Someone. (Y/n). Their smile and their words ran throughout her mind throughout the entire dinner. Their face, their hair, their hands, their- everything.

"Thank you again for inviting us, Alcina." Mother Miranda spoke. "It was my pleasure, Mother Miranda." Alcina responded, her tall stature making her loom over everyone in the room. "I'm sure my daughters would agree." She said, glancing over at the three girls sat next to her. "Yes mother." Cassandra and Daniela said first, Bela being slightly off. Damnit. Why was she so caught off guard? This never happened. She continued mentally cursing herself while eating.

"Now that everyone is finished eating, how about some festivities?" The woman with the black wings announced, standing up from her seat. "That sounds lovely, Mother Miranda."

   Once everyone had left, Bela appeared at Moreau's side. "It's time to watch that movie you brought, isn't it?" She asked. "Oh! Yes! It is! Let's go!" Moreau said, waiting for Bela to guide him to the room where they had a tv. A very old one, but a tv nonetheless. "Do you want a blanket? A pillow, anything?" Bela asked, going to open up the closet.

   "Oh uh- a blanket please!" He called back. Bela grabbed the blanket, a large one that was warm and had tassels around the edge, and sat down to watch the movie.

   Throughout the movie Bela found herself imagining it was different people. Occasionally she'd completely drift out of reality and just start thinking about (Y/n). Something about them made her blush. It's probably nothing.