1 | Blood Stained

September 16th
8:46 p.m.

If anyone finds this, then I might be dead. That's the most likely answer to why you would find my journal. Anyways, I'm Maxine Parks. I'm from Ramswood but I no longer live there. I ran away from home today, ran away from the police actually. I should describe myself in case someone finds this, maybe you will turn me in to the police? Let's hope not.

Anyways, I have shoulder length brown hair and bangs that cover my forehead, round glasses and brown eyes. I have light freckles on my nose and pale skin. I'm pretty skinny, I didn't get to eat often at home.. I'm not that tall, around 5'5. A signature thing people point out is the scar on my forehead so I guess you can identify me by that.

I have more scars than that though. My body is covered in scars and bruises, cuts and who knows what else. I came from an abusive home, being beaten since I was around 8 years old; I'm 18 now. I ran away from home, not only because I was abused but... I killed my parents.

My grandmother came over today to check up on us, only to walk in and see my parents high and drunk, the house smelling like alcohol and smoke, weed. The house was messy, I have trouble cleaning up after my parents since they are always yelling and throwing stuff at me. I had just come out of my room to greet my grandmother when I heard the gunshot go off, then became splattered with blood. My mother was standing there, holding the gun that just took my grandmothers life.

"Old bag wouldn't shut up for the life of her. Max, clean it up."

I stood there in shock as my mother ordered me to clean up my grandmothers body, to clean up the blood that now stained our walls and floors, my old and tattered clothes. My ears rang and my body felt like it wasn't mine anymore, like something took control of me. I looked at my mother, seeing her yelling at me but I couldn't hear her. In the blink of an eye, I'm on top of my mother, beating her with a bat we had lying around.

I beat her skull in, her blood staining the burnt rug and couch, my clothes more red than any other color. My father was yelling at me, pulling me off of my mother and kicking me practically across the room. I got up, charging at him, and slamming the side of his head with the bat so hard, that he died on impact. I grabbed the gun and shot them both just in case.

I went to my room, grabbing an old bag and throwing whatever clothes I had into it, taking any food and bottled water we had and putting it in there as well. I grabbed the bat and my journal before sliding on my shoes and running out of our apartment building. I heard sirens coming down the street, coming closer and closer to my muffled mind and body. I ran. I ran with no destination in mind.

I ran as fast as my weak legs could take me, running to the outskirts of town and into the forest line while I heard dogs barking and police officers running after me. I kept running and running, till I slipped and fell down a steep cliff. I got up and hid behind a rock, then it was like the dogs and officers vanished.

I looked around, not seeing anything but trees and rocks. I sighed, finally catching my breath before I walked the visible trail in the darkness. I walked for what felt like forever, passing rivers and going over bridges, then a tall field before meeting another packed forest of trees. I walked along the slim trail, feeling my body shaking as shock and reality started to sink in.

I hummed to myself, it was a song my older brothers taught me. They told me if I ever sang it then they would find me and make sure I wasn't scared anymore. I was a stupid little kid... but they always came when they heard me singing it, even when I was fine and just singing it for fun.