7 | Midnight Strikes

September 24
12:08 a.m.

Garren joined us on the tree, hanging out and relaxing with Greysin and I. I was in my thoughts, thinking about Minerva before I heard Garren enthuse about shooting stars. I looked up at the night sky and see what felt like hundreds of shooting stars go across the sky. The stars felt like clusters, the sky being bright and full of stars, only to be covered by shooting stars that quickly went over the sky line.

"Wow... it's beautiful..." (M)

I looked over at Garren and Greysin, only to see Garren looking at Greysin. His eyes had this shine in them, a light that's been flickered out for so long. He was smiling, his hair flowing over his shoulders and back while his eyes were shining in the beautiful star lit sky. Garren smiled, his eyes shining as well as he looked at his best friend. I felt a smile come across my lips, seeing these two smile made my heart swell with happiness.

These two kind of remind me of my brothers.. Greysin and Adrian and Garren with Carson..

Greysin and Adrian are both more quiet and like music and reading, intimidating, yet they are nice and soft deep down. Garren and Carson are both more outgoing and thoughtful, goofy, yet are very caring and considerate. Both are so gentle and kind yet scary and intimidating... it's like Adrian and Carson are still with me...

They look a little similar too. Garren and Carson having blonde hair while Greysin and Adrian have dark brown hair and blue/silver eyes, well for Greysin just one eye. Adrian was tall, I think 6'1 yet Greysin is I think 6'6. Carson wasn't as book smart but he was helpful, just like Garren, even though Garren is extremely smart.

Maybe Carson and Adrian are using these two as a way to look over me.. those two never really let me out of their sight and always made sure they were there when I needed them. That's why they taught me that song... the song. Would Alex come find me if I sang it? ...I don't know. Even if he did and he saved me, what would happen to Garren and Greysin? I'd leave them... I want to go to Alex and the others, but I feel at home here with Greysin and Garren...

As I thought about my brothers, I heard the air become still and silent. I looked over at Garren and Greysin, seeing their eyes completely black and black tears falling down their faces. I backed away, afraid of what is about to happen. I called out to them, yet they didn't react or move... they got up and walked towards me, forcing me to the edge of the tree. It's a long fall... we are super high up.. I'd say taller than a parking garage..

If I fall, I'll die... I'm still not that good at flying... this isn't good... I don't have an ability yet, I don't know how to fight... I don't have anything I can use to defend myself... Garren practically knows everything, and Greysin has unlimited power... he has so many abilities that I have no idea how to even work around him.. I'm going to die here... damn it... I didn't come this far just to die and fall from a tree... I didn't run away just to die a week later... I didn't kill my parents for nothing...

As my mind raced with thoughts, it went silent. I felt that pulling feeling again, like I wasn't in control anymore. I was pulled away from my body, my mind blank and eyes now completely black and with black tears. I stood up off the tree, then I watched myself and the other two fly off. I felt like I was being pulled with them, flying along side them. I looked around, only to see black cloud like things following Greysin and Garren. I looked closer at them, only to see something that horrified me...

It was a black and white memories, their traumas. I saw Garren as a kid fighting for his life while Greysin was being burned. I could hear Garren screaming at Seth to run while Greysin was screaming for his mother to stop as his flesh burned under her palm. I saw Garren burying his mother's body, then making his mother and Seth graves as he cries, holding flowers while he's covered in cuts and blood. I saw Greysin in chains and shackles, being whipped and abused, his body covered in blood and wounds while he is in so much pain. Garren coughing up blood and burns on his body as Minerva makes him into a demon, I saw Greysin being forced to use his abilities on others...