Chapter 1: A birthday Disaster

It was dark and cold in the dormitories of the Academy of magic, but there was one dormitory that was even colder than the rest. 

Inside that very dorm, two people huddled over the candlelight, one boy and one girl. The girl has half of her hair in a different color, and it was tied up into two high pigtails. The boy had orange hair, which was soft and curly, his green eyes glistened in the dark and both of them covered their bodies with some soft blankets.

"You're supposed to be in your dormitory!" the boy hissed. "If they catch you out of bed, you know what would happen!"

"Whatever, anyway, I'm helping!" The girl held her wand in her hand and tried to make the flame on the candle warmer.

"I don't need your help! Plus, I can make a fire warmer than you ever could!" the boy's hand hovered over the candlelight, sparks burst out of his hand and the small flame on the candle brightened but the wick started to melt rapidly.

Both of them panicked. 

"Extinguish it, EXTINGUISH IT!!" the boy screamed.

Then the candle stopped melting as Ice started to cover the candle, the flame disappeared.

The girl and the boy sighed with relief then they started to shiver.

"Are you both trying to set this place on fire again??"

Both of them looked up at a boy with white hair, the side of his face was covered by small snowflakes, his fingertips are black with frostbite, but it seems functional. And his bright blue eyes glared at the girl and the boy.

"Oh Hester, thank God."

"Don't you, 'Hester thank god' me Lylia." the frosty boy scowled. "What in world's frost are you doing??"

The boy stood up and pulled the blanket around him tighter. "Since I have to share a dorm with you," he shot Hester a glare. "this place got more, colder."

Hester tutted. "It's the way I like it," he pointed at Lylia. "And what is she doing here?"

"I'm helping Harley make this room warmer."

Hester was offended. "Warmer? Do you know that vampires disintegrate in the sun? Well, I'm just like them! If it's not cold enough, I'll disintegrate!"

Lylia rolled her eyes. "I don't care, Aurora's son."

Hester baffled. "What...?"

"She's saying that your Aurora's son." Harley grinned.

Hester snorted. "I'm not Aurora's son, but I wish I was though," he added under her breath. "Anywho, please get out of my dorm Lylia, and out of the boy's towers!"

"Our dorm." Harley corrected.

Lylia rolled her eyes. "Fine, but before that, shut that big frosty mouth of yours!" she turned her back and walked out of the room.

"So tell me why should I listen to a little witch-"

Lylia paused at the doorway. Harley slapped an open palm to his forehead. Before the boys knew it, Lylia wrapped both of her hands around Hester's neck and said: "Don't call me that."

Haster started to choke which alerted Harley. He raised his hands and-

BANG.

Thunder echoed outside the academy, which startled Lylia and she let go of Hester, who jerked back and clutched his neck.

"S-sorry." Lylia apologized.

Hester said nothing as he went to his fluffy bed.

Harley turned to look at Lylia. He pointed his finger to the door. "Get," he cut off. Lylia, who knew what he meant, went out of the door with one last apologetic glance.