Chapter 11: The last card

It's been several days since Octo refused to tell his other self about his problem that led him to become a criminal mastermind or something. Harley found that Dyrroth was better than his other self in 'evil stuff'.

In his free time (Which was every time,) Harley watched the venom squad train in the training room. They were good fighters in his opinion, even Angela was great.

Sometimes they suggest that Harley should train with them too, and so he did. Only because he didn't know what will happen to him if he refused.

Harley threw three cards and they landed perfectly in three targets.

"Yay, you're getting better!" Angela cheered.

Gusion patted him on the back, and Grock too, but harder. Even Hanabi smiled. (He can't tell because she was wearing a mask, but he was sure of that.) Octo just looked at him with the same face he always makes whenever he wants to tell somebody something. But he just turned and headed out of the exit.

This training brought nostalgic memories to Harley about his own Venom squad. Sometimes he wondered what will happen if he stayed, but he knew he can't.

"Sometimes I wish you could stay, having one of you was great but having two is better."

Angela was talking to Harley and Octo while eating a sandwich. 

"I think it's better if you just stay with the other me..." Harley shot his other self a glance whom he did not catch as his attention was fixed on Angela with a blank expression.

Angela giggled and Harley turned red, having no idea why was she giggling.

Octo finished his sandwich and got up. "I think I'll be excused, for a little while. I'll go and take something first..." he turned and winked at Angela who smiled back.

Harley was flabbergasted that his other self winked, at Angela. Half of him wanted to laugh but the other half wanted to retch.

⌛ 

"Almost..." Hester jabbed his pen on the paper. "Done!"

"Finally." Dyrroth played with a stray twig. "I swear if we get cooped up here for one more day, I'm killing Harley myself." There wasn't a note of sarcasm in his voice.

Lesley got up from behind a broken car, muttered something about, "taking a break" and disappeared into the trapdoor.

"We will have him, once we follow this plan." Hester jabbed at the paper.

"And I hope it doesn't fail," Dyrroth muttered under his breath.

Lylia peeped out of the trapdoor. "Do you guys know where Venom base is?"

"Seriously, how can you not spot that?" Hester pointed at the giant building on a hill.

Lylia ducked sheepishly. "I don't get out much."

Dyrroth cracked a grin.

"Are we gonna put the plan in motion?" Cyclops emerged from the trapdoor beside Lylia. "And why can't we just get Harley out, two days ago?"

Dyrroth scowled in Hester's direction. "Because this geek thinks we can't take down a stupid team of idiots."

"Of course we can't." Hester scoffed. "they took down Zlatan and probably the Saber squad, you think that we stand a chance?"

Dyrroth glared but didn't say anything. He muttered something about "I have a freaking kingdom to run and why am I here?"

Lesley reappeared in the trapdoor. "Okay kids, when are we gonna start our plan?"