Chapter 10: The prophecy

Restrains.

No vision.

Just hearing.

"Sister..." Harley can't see anything or move.

He managed to slip his blindfold and saw his sister fighting off some strangers which were not familiar to him.

"Sister?" Harley stuttered.

Then some unfortunate happened to his sister but everything was getting more blurry by the second and Harley can't see-

BANG.

Harley awoke to a new day with a jolt. He heard himself swear in the corner of the room.

"Sorry, it was just this one-" Octo placed the axe in the wardrobe with a thud and slammed the wardrobe shut. "Good morning by the way," he glanced at Harley's face and his expression turned blank but leaking concern. "Why, are you crying?"

"What?" Harley touched his face and realized there were tears on it.

Octo raised a concerned eyebrow.

"Look, I know when I cry, it isn't anything good. Because I absolutely don't cry."

Harley wiped his face with his shelve. "Nothing, it's nothing."

Octo squinted at his other self suspiciously but didn't press the matter further.

It was just a dream, even though it did happen in real life. Harley thought.

Another thud made him snap out of his trance. Harley saw Octo grabbing a green dagger and shut the wardrobe again.

"We're going out."

"Excuse me, 'we'?"

"Yes, we," Octo gestured to the window.

"Where are we going, exactly?" Harley asked suspiciously.

"Outside."

Harley paused, cursing himself silently on asking a stupid question.

"I mean, outside where?"

Octo opened the door of his bedroom. "You'll see."

Harley didn't like this idea at all. But it will do him some good to go outside for some fresh air.

On the way to the exit, both of them passed the kitchen, where the rest of the venom members were eating their breakfast.

Octo waved his staff and a loaf of bread with chocolate spread on it flew to Harley, who took it.

"Getting fresh air," Octo replied before anyone could ask.

And finally, both of them reached the exit, the double doors slide open and Harley saw a full view of Zlatan, there wasn't a single light anywhere and the sky was foggy.

Harley couldn't see how is this 'fresh air' since the place was full of dust. But he was wondering what happened to the citizens of Zlatan, Killed most of them, no doubt. The thing was, seeing his other self's background did put some disturbing thoughts into his mind.

Octo killed many citizens, so Harley thought about what Octo did to them after that. Remembering the butcher knife in Octo's wardrobe, another dark thought sprung into his mind.

What if Octo used the bitcher knife on those citizens then canned their-

Harley shuddered and muttered "Tinned remains."

Octo, who can track down people's train of thought so well, said, "You think I did that to the citizens? You flatter me."

To his surprise, Harley smiled but didn't laugh.