Chapter 4: Visit After Explanation

Harith emerged from the bathroom, all cold and wet. He was wearing a plain blue shirt with a silver button in the front that was shaped like a diamond. A towel was draped over his shoulders. "That was refreshing." his tail wagged behind him.

"It is." Harley stared at him intensely.

Harith was startled to see Harley so intense. "Is something wrong?" he approached the mage and saw Nana in a corner, glaring at the sight of Harith's appearance.

"So, care to explain?" Nana asked.

Harith opened his mouth but no sound came out.

Harley came to Harith's rescue. "I fell down a cliff."

Nana jerked her head to the mage. "What?" she said sharply.

Harley got up from the bed and set his empty bowl down. "Long story short, me and Harith were exploring the Moonlit Forest and I wasn't watching where I was going, so I fell off a short cliff, happy?"

  Nana wasn't convinced but she couldn't see what could be worse than that, because Harley was in front of her, in one peace. She didn't say anything but just walked out of the room and slammed the door with a bang.

The boys sighed with relief and slumped on the bed. "Looks like the truth could be okay," Harith smirked.

Harley rolled his eyes and lay down on the bed.

⌛ 

The mage was in a dark room, he saw a bed tucked in a corner and a big cabinet beside the bed. He walked out of the room and he found himself in a dungeon.

"Why are you doing this?"

He turned to the source of the voice and saw a figure pressed against the wall, trying to put as much distance as he can with Harley. He can't focus on the figure's features, the only visible thing is his orange hair.

"It's what I do, and I'll take everything away from you..." said the frigid voice from Harley.

He could have sworn that voice was familiar-

"Rise and shine, genius."

Harley felt someone tap his cheeks. He opened his eyes to see Harith leaning over him. "Oh great, you're awake." he smiled.

The mage groaned as he got up. "What time is it?"

"Time for a visit in Zlatan!" Harith grinned. "Come on you sleepy genius, Cyclops came before you even work up."

Harley smiled then it faded as he noticed something. Harith just called him a genius, not once but twice. Never in a hundred years would he thought that he will call him a genius.

"Is something wrong...?" he asked suspiciously.

"Nothing, I'm just anxious." Harith gritted his teeth.

Harley rolled his eyes -Harith can be a pain sometimes.

⌛ 

Lylia and Nana were sitting on the brown and comfy sofa, colorful pillows of all shapes and sizes were added to the mix.

"Aww...That's cute!" Nana giggled.

"Yeah, he threw a snowball at my face and Gloom attacked him, right?" Lylia petted the furry creature. "How about you?"

Nana waved it off like it wasn't a big deal. "Just me alone, if not, then Harith's with me."

A mischievous smile appeared on Lylia's face. "And what did you do...?"

Nana could tell Lylia was on to something but didn't bother about it. "Just normal stuff, I guess,"

"Do you have a thing going on?" Lylia asked.

Nana looked at her peculiarly. "What does that mean?"

"Never mind." 

In a corner, Cyclops, who is in his normal form now, was chatting with a bored and hungry Dyrroth. "How are the stars like in the Abyss's view?"

"Shiny and red, maybe because the clouds made them red, or something," he rolled his eyes. "Why are you so interested in stars anyways?" 

"Because I'm an astrologist and I dedicate my life to discover the stars and planets," Cyclops replied with a proud snort.

Angela interrupted by bringing the two of them a tray of cupcakes. "Want some?"

Cyclops took one of them off the tray. "Thank you."

Dyrroth also took one of the cupcakes. "At least someone here cooks something normal like these cupcakes."

"Oh no, I didn't cook them," Angela said with a smile.

Dyrroth jerked his head towards her. "Then who did..."

"Nana."

As soon as Dyrroth heard her reply, he set the cupcake back on the tray. "I don't think my body can handle more sugar."

"Why can't you cook Angela?" Cyclops asked.

"I'm good at all the chores, except cooking." Angela looked disappointed.

"Oh look, both of them are up." The starsoul magician pointed at the staircase where the mage and the silver leonin are emerging.

"And I hope Zlatan has normal food," said Dyrroth as his stomach rumbled.

"Oh look, he's here." Nana giggled.

Lylia rolled her eyes. "Your boyfriend is here too."

Nana threw her a dirty look. "He's not my boyfriend!"

Harith, who heard what she said, came by to eavesdrop on their conversation, which the two of them noticed. Nana blushed to see his attempt and Lylia sniggered.

Harley went towards Cyclops. "Are we going?"

"Absolutely," Cyclops got up from the armchair ad put his enormous time glass behind his back. He held up a mechanical owl and threw it to the ground. It exploded and a seam appeared in the air. "I heard what Harith told me, and you don't have to worry, I can confirm that Zlatan is okay."

Harley smiled, nodding to every word he says. But his heart felt anxiety.

"Let's go!" Cyclops hopped into the seam and disappeared. Nana and Lylia followed suit. Dyrroth ran into the portal. Angela slowly walked inside. Harith was about to step foot into the portal when his cat's senses tingled, but it was too late as he fell into the portal. Harley eyed the seem, hesitating.

You don't have to worry, Zlatan is all okay. Cyclops' words echoed in his mind. Harley took a deep breath and stepped into the seam. As soon as he did, it vanished from sight.

⌛ 

A seam appeared in Zlatan, Cyclops appeared from inside it first, followed by the others as they stepped out of the portal, their appearance different.

Nana bounced in with long purple hair tied to two long pigtails, Lylia came in with pale strawberry hair, both tied in high pigtails, she held a microphone in her hand, and a yellow note came hovering beside her. Dyrroth wore a long-sleeved black shirt and a small sleeveless red one on top of it. A metal necklace was around his neck. Harith had orange hair and green shades. Angela was splashed in green and purple, with a stinger and wings behind her. Cyclops came in as a robot with one big eye.

The city was lively and busy, everyone went about their lives. 

"See Harley, Zlatan is okay, you don't have to worry-" Harith realized Harley or the Venom Octopus was nowhere to be seen. He recalled the sense of danger he got before he stepped to the portal, his face drained of all color.

"Why the long face?" Lylia asked.

"I-I sensed that-" he broke off.

"Sensed what...?" Lylia asked with a little anxiety in her voice.

"Danger."