4

I remember loving the clubbing life so much in college. 

Now...

Kami, I still enjoy it.

I've never drank with any of my childhood buddies so it's so weird seeing them beaten and battered by the amazing effects of alcohol. 

For me, I've learned to hold my liquor. Some of my frat friends educated me enough and how to drink longer. It's a whole science, really. I'm just a professional at this point.

Of course, the only ones that could really keep up with me right now are Kiba and Shikamaru. Though, the latter prefers to sip on his beer and watch the shenanigan's of Kiba and me. The Japanese nightlife is absolutely amazing. The club is so much cleaner, smelled so much better, and the lights along with the music is enough to make even the most introverted person want to get up and swing their lips. The dancefloor was illuminated with dark red colors while the VIP booth we somehow managed to get into was a very nice dimmed white. I could see the blushes of my friends' cheeks as they converse amongst each other.

The guys at the club all seem respectful and the ladies...

Oh the ladies are all absolutely sexy. It makes me glad I ended that toxic relationship with my now ex-girlfriend this morning. She would've never let me go out like this without her being here to cling all over me. Something about PDA was a turn on for her while I would much rather keep all the groping private. 

Sasuke proposed the idea that I might go home with someone else today to get over her but frankly...I don't think I'm in need of a rebound. Deep down, I knew things weren't going to work out between us anyway. 

As the saying goes:

It is what it is.

And tonight, I'd much rather enjoy the bro-party-life with my childhood friends who know me better than myself. In all honesty when Sasuke drove us to this club, I half expected to be glared at, berated by them but I should've known better.

Instead, Choji thought it'd be cute to challenge me to a drinking competition. Shino was trying to calm his best friend down but his actions would only be in vain. Sai, a friend they made in college, was just sitting and beaming at our antics. He's nice, at least that's what I got from talking with him on the car ride here. 

He is a bit weird though.

Poor fool passed out after the 5th shot. Now, his head is dangling off the back of the booth as he chuckled manically and chomping down on the bag of chips he managed to sneak passed the bouncer.

I caught sight of Sasuke pulling his phone out, tapping at it a couple times. This wasn't the first time since we got here. He's been doing it quite frequently instead of conversing and drinking with the rest of us.

I decided to jest with him a bit. "Yo. Sakura making you check in every 15 minutes or something?"

My old best friend glared at me. "This entire city knows better than to flirt with me. They would much rather not face her wrath."

"Then what's more important than downing that shot of vodka, hm?" I sat down, crossing my arms on the glass table. 

"I'm not telling you anything!" 

"Well, at least tell me how we got this VIP section? In the States, you gotta be a special somebody to score the highest section in a club, y'know." The rest of our friends stopped their conversations and looked at us. Even Kiba stopped dancing and met eyes with his own best friend right beside him. 

"Who do y'all know that's so important to get this? Nobody's telling me anyt-"

Sasuke suddenly held up his finger in my face, quite rudely might I add. "Hold your tongue for a quick second, asshole."