I bumped in to my enemy.

++++

++++

"You look excited." Mathew said, closely observing his best friend. "Too much excited."

"Oh come on. It's a new day." Oliver James grinned, throwing his arms open. "The sun is shining, the birds are chirping. I have all the reasons to be excited!!"

Mathew raised an eyebrow, clearly not convinced. "Are you high?"

Oliver choked on air. "What the heck? And no, I'm not."

"You sure?"

"Positive."

"But seriously, why are you this excited?" Mathew asked again.

The two were walking along the school corridor that lead to their classroom, side by side. The duo had been best friends for years and Mathew could sense even the slightest change in Oliver's mood.

Best friend telepathy, that's what he called it.

"It's her." Oliver said, a silly smile spreading across his face. "She promised to reveal her name today."

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say that you like her." Mathew commented.

Oliver froze on his steps for a second and then shook his head as if getting rid of unwanted thoughts.

"Whatever." He muttered as he continued to walk, hands stuffed in his pockets.

"So... you gonna tell Miss Sassy today?" Mathew asked again, shooting a sideways look at his best friend.

"I'm not sure." Oliver sighed. "I'm gonna take baby steps. That's what Crazy girl said."

Mathew only raised an eyebrow in a questioning gesture. For the past few days, the main thing Oliver talked about was his mystery girl aka Cassidy. And with all his rants about her, Mathew was able to get a certain idea about this girl.

"Just because you learn her name, it doesn't mean you'll find out who she really is." He said. "I mean, I doubt you know half of the student population in our form."

Oliver hummed under his breath.

"Do you know who would know almost every student around our age?"

Both of them looked at each other.

"Verlice."

"Nope. Not gonna happen." Oliver said at once. "I'm not gonna ask my ultimate crush as well as enemy if she know this girl whom I have been texting for the past weeks. Nopedy nope."

It was true. While Oliver was never the type to have many friends, his crush was that bubbly outgoing girl who would make friends even with a burglar.

Anyone. Anyone except him.

Though she never considered herself to be popular, she was well known among the peers, not by her name but by her wide smile and friendliness.