Chapter 9

Harrys P.O.V:

*3 days later*

I really want to ask Bella out on a date.

An actual date. Am I supposed to dress up formally and take her to dinner or something? I'm contemplating on what to do because I remember her saying something about going out and eating is boring.

My mind is wandering with all these thoughts as I'm typing out a prescription for one of my patients. I click the send button on the corner, sending off the prescription to their pharmacy without thinking much of it.

"I sent the prescription to the Pharmacy you have in the system. You can pick it up in about 15 minutes." I tell them as the child and his mom greets me goodbye.

"Bye, have a nice day!" I tell them with a smile as I close the door behind them. As soon as they're gone, I fall back in my seat, taking a deep breath to try and relax.

I go back on my computer, exiting out of the files for the previous patient until I see that I sent out the wrong dosage for the prescription.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I type the address of the pharmacy on my desktop, looking for their phone number and dialing it into the office phone.

"Hello, Dr. Styles from NYU Langone hospital. I recently sent a prescription for Amoxicillin about 10 minutes ago. Did you receive it and do you know if they picked it up already?" I blurt out all at once.

"Calm down sir, you said Amoxicillin at 12:42? That's what I'm seeing here."

"Yes, I made a mistake on the dosage. Can you resend it, changing the dosage to 300 mg every 8 hours?"

"Give me a second." He says and I hear him typing through the phone. My head is pounding and I haven't even made it through half of the day yet.

"Okay, I sent a new prescription sir. Have a good day!"

"You too, goodbye." I say, hanging up the phone.

It's only like 1 pm and I already fucked up today. On top of that, I have an appointment at 1:30. I decide to text Bella, you know, to calm my nerves a bit.

To Bella: Hi x
To Bella: How are you?

The message is read and I see her typing. I put the phone down for a bit, taking a sip of water and using my thumb and index finger to massage my forehead.

I hear my text tone go off and I check to see her message.

From Bella: Hi Harry :)
From Bella: I'm good, u?

To Bella: Alright I guess.

From Bella: no :(((
From Bella: what happened?

How am I supposed to tell her that I messed up a prescription because I was thinking about her?

To Bella: Just a lot of patients coming in today. I messed up a prescription but I fixed it on time :(

I tell her, leaving out some parts. Moments like this make me feel like this whole doctor thing wasn't made for me. I've spent too much money on tuition and med school to back out now.

It doesn't help when my father started taking money out of my tuition funds to use towards his own problems. The thought of my father pisses me off, I don't know why I'm putting myself in this position. I'll probably end up going to the gym, later on, to blow off some steam. I spin around in my chair for a little bit until checking my phone again.

From Bella: whoever has you as their doctor is more than lucky <3 don't stress too much about the prescription, at least you fixed it
From Bella: Just know that I'm so proud of you. You take up so much responsibility everyday, you should be proud of yourself.