Chapter 41*

A/N: I missed you all so much!! Here's a special chapter <3

TW: Slight mention of certain Eating Disorders (Anorexia, Bulimia, Binging)

Bella's POV:

"It is obvious that most of what you have struggled with have stemmed from your childhood, from what you were taught as a child by your mother."

I nodded my head, listening to her state the obvious.

"We should bring your mom along to one of our sessions. You don't have to give me an answer right now, but I feel that you are ready to face her and we can try to work out some stuff between you too." Dr. Dalton mentioned, holding her pen in between her two fingers as she sat back in her seat.

I couldn't help but laugh at what she had said. Really? My mom? Coming to a session? With me?

"You've got to be kidding..." I snickered, sitting back on the sofa.

I knew mom would never come to a session with me, she couldn't care less if I told her the reason as to why. She would be insulted at the thought of me bringing her along only to criticize her, and the only progress made would be her crocodile tears.

"Isabella, the way your mother projects on you has a lot to say about how she was treated as a child. I am obviously not going to force you into doing something you don't want, but sleep on it and let me know when you make a decision. This could really help us make more progress," she added.

I wish mom was the type of person that could handle criticism and take the chance to listen to me but it was impossible to get that woman to listen. Maybe I could give it a shot, but I don't want to end up even more disappointed.

"The thing is, she is very stubborn. It's going to be very hard to get through to her. How am I supposed to get her to actually listen to me in an hour after trying my whole life?" I shrugged, still indecisive on the idea.

"Seeing it from somebody else's perspective, having someone else in the room can help a ton. I've dealt with many stubborn people, it seems impossible at first but trust me, it is in fact doable," Dr. Dalton pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose, looking down on the progress notes on the desk.

"What would we even talk about?" I questioned. There was so, so much that needed to be said by me when it came to her. One fifty-minute session wouldn't even cover a quarter of it.

"We'll ask her a few questions, get to know her perspective. You'll be able to say what is on your mind, focusing on how her behavior has impacted you today."

"We've run ahead of schedule today, but I would like for you to get back at me with your decision. I understand she lives a couple of hours away, so whenever works for her will be fine," she added, giving me a tight-lipped smile.

"I'll let you know. See you next week." I muttered, looking down at my purse as I opened the door, my mind filled with all sorts of thoughts.

I walked out of the office, heading towards the bus stop as I reached into my purse for my phone.

To H<3: Just finished my session, are you still home?

I texted him, hitting send on the message. I was still staying at Harry's place, I would be going back home at night. I would have left for home now, but Harry told me he had something planned for me this afternoon.

From H<3: Running a few errands at the grocery shop. I should be back by the time you are.

From H<3: How was your session? Hope it went well.