**A Bug Reality**

You sat silently as you watched the guards in training spar, strangely satisfying to watch.

You followed the saying 'Don't judge a book by it's cover', but it didn't mean you won't get intimidated.

"You don't talk much do you?" You looked beside you sat Seldom, a young beetle which you assumed Theo's child. "I'm sorry, if I offended you. But your just so silent, that it feels unnerving." His gaze went to the trainees sparing, lost in thought. (I don't care if that name sound familiar.)

The fight went well for you, and worst for the trainees. You defeated their group leader, and stood victorious as a rookie. Your favorite move was, when you let the nail roll on your wrist to change your way of holding it, then slashed your opponent. It was so epic that you kept having flashbacks of it happening.

You were shaking the whole time, but even that weren't enough for them to defeat you. The adrenaline rushing through wouldn't let you stop fighting sloppily. It wasn't healthy, but you have Sly to help you fix that.

And back to the reality. As you watched the guards train, you notice that they were fearful of being hit. Sly was right, they were the same as you. You also found out, that they usually slack around. But inspired by your daring challenge, they become more active.

"Hello, Seldom. I'm sorry if I have to cut your chat short, but Esmy and I needs to go." Sly said just behind the both of you. You both turned to him, as Seldom noddded. You stood up, and nodded your head to Seldom, as if saying you had a good time and it was nice meeting him.

Sly lead you through the City of tears, while you followed obediently as you looked around. Despite already seeing the most of Hallownest, missing a detail is possible. And as you expected you did miss a detail, bugs are digging down to the ground. They already completed a huge chunk of it. And as kid, it would either be a place you obliviously play or.. a place where nightmares run through your mind... being stuck in holes was never a fun thing.

You continued forth, and hopped onto some floating platforms. Is floating platforms was gonna exist like this, they should've made a floating island. You wanted to ask Sly, why the floating platforms exist, and how. But you remember that you're void of voice, so you decided to find out yourself. (No, seriously. I forgot that this certain Vessels can't talk.)

He brought you to a place full of bug creatures alike, who seems they're about to move out. So you could only assume this is a station. You also see homeless bugs, usually you'd feel sympathy. But it made you wonder how they became homeless, because in a common sense. Bugs can live anywhere they want.. there's no place they don't belong. Unless that place is not of their tolerance. But yet again, only Sly and Theo looks like bugs. Once you know what to do, you'll find a way to help these bugs.

It's amazing how your not panicking at this point, considering that you're in an unfamiliar world.

Both you and Sly stood in line, waiting for your turn to ride the train. Suddenly you feel the gentle shaking of the ground, you thought it was an underground earthquake, which is the worst thing that could happen. But everyone looks calm, even look like this is normal. When you saw a massive bug coming out of the tunnels, you understood why...

You were riding no mechanics.. But... EVEN BETTER!

You feel the burst of euphoria, that you got impatient standing on the line. When it was your turn, you trembled as you got on the massive bug. Sly noticed your shaking, and assured you with his natural gentle voice. "Don't worry, no matter how fast the Stag runs. The chance of falling is very low." Man he don't only suck at convincing, he also suck at reassuring.

You noted never to let him run a store.

You made yourself comfortable on the Stag seats, while Sly handled the Stag. The stag runs through the tunnels enjoying the ride. Sometimes, you imagine yourself being in one of those historical movies, riding horses.

You raise your hand in the air, you would be joyously shrieking at this momment. But since you can't show emotions, you simply look like a predator unpurposely asserted dominance. The ride was fun, but suddenly..

An image of your siblings' broken skulls, and you falling of the stag struck you. You instinctively drop your hand, and behaved. The ride was no longer fun, but you wish you could get over the Nightmare of your broken siblings.

Finally, the Stag skids into a stop, announcing your arrival. You went off the Stagg and followed Sly. The both of you squeezed through a group of bugs, it seems many bugs intends to use the stag. You rode a mini elevator with many other bugs. Which points out just how amazing this Kingdom could be to attract this many people.

As you left the station, you were greeted to a light bustling town. The sun was high, and everyone was busy. Sly lead you into a certain 'building', in which he claimed his classroom and home.

As you went in, Sly introduced you to his current students, and was greeted with a bow like you see in those taekwondo students. Sheo, Oro, Mato they were brothers, and 2x your size. Man, you wonder how you can grow in this body. Does it happen like bugs, that goes through different phases? There's a possibility, but you hate to be vulnerable.

It's so strange how an insect world works the same way a human world does.

Anyway, students including you started to warm up. You know, like free slashing. During your warm up, you discover basic personality from the three brothers. Sheo was the most mature and the most skilled disciple. He drives to become stronger and honing his skills and to master it.

Mato and Oro, in the meantime was a different story.. Mato thrives it for respect, while Oro believes it's his destiny and duty.

Finding this information simply from a warm up was scary, they gave you information while you didn't say a word. It was unnecessary information, for it was none of your business.

To be Continued..

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

1099 words

My motivation was low in writing this, but I made it sound more understandable.

Bug story,

Alates.. Flying termites is what you call them. Yeah, I had those during that one rainy night. But it wasn't those fully developed ones, these Alates were the babies left by those Alates at rainy night. When they left their nest, I witnessed them getting attacked by ants. At least, that's what I thought. As all the baby Alates flew away, I searched up if Ants and flying termites get along... What I found shocked me........

No! The Alates and Ants will NEVER get along! Because what I saw that night was ants attacking baby bugs so they can EAT them for the season, AND SAID THEY WERE OF GOOD PROTEIN!! I WATCHED A BLOODY BATTLE OF BABY BUGS BEING CAPTURED FOR FOOOD!!!! *inhales*

*exhales* I got so inspired to the event that I made an art out of it, but it didn't match the Hollow Knight art style. So, I had to redo all of it-

7/25/2021

Newra-