The Empire Attacks

The vast regions of space, usually quiet and peaceful, were currently in the precipice of a Great War. The Galactic Empire that rules over space itself had been battling a growing rebellion against them for quite some time. The yellow planet of Tatooine emerges from a total eclipse, her two moons glowing against the darkness.

A tiny silver spacecraft, a Rebel Blockade Runner, fires its lasers from the back of the ship, racing through space and pursued by a giant Imperial Star-Destroyer. Hundreds of deadly laser-bolts streaks from the Imperial Star-Destroyer, causing the main solar fin of the Rebel craft to disintegrate.

<>

Aboard the Blockade Runner, Sunset Shimmer lay unconscious along the cold metal floor of the ships reactor room. Her teal aqua eyes slowly flutter open, as she regained consciousness. Sitting up, she clutched her aching head... only to realize its not her hoof she feels. She stretches her arm out realizing that she has assumed her human form, every portion of her body now humanized.

"The portal..." Sunset realized.

She looked around her surroundings, seeing nothing but metal walls covered in flashing lights and buttons. Sunset couldn't help but feel panic and dread, having no idea where she was. Not only that, but she was alone... so very much alone.

"Twilight!" She called out. "Storm! Any pony!"

Just then she felt something press against the back of her head, making her feel stiff as stone.

"Don't speak or move a muscle," A voice ordered.

The voice, Sunset could decipher, belonged to a female. From out behind her stood a woman in her late twenties. A beautiful woman with pale skin and brunette hair tied up in a style consisting of two buns on both sides of her head. She wore an elegant white dress and held a strange looking gun in her hands.

"Turn around... slowly..." She ordered.

Without argument, Sunset followed her instruction till the gun was no pointing at her face. Sunset would've been fascinated by this gun and everything about this woman, if under better circumstances.

"Who are you?" The woman asked seriously. "What are you doing aboard my vessel?"

Sunset slowly got to her feet, as she stuttered and stammered to speak. Having a gun pointed at her didn't exactly ease the extreme feeling of dread she was currently feeling.

"I-I-I'm S-Sunset S-Shimmer," She stammered.

"Are you an imperial spy?"

Though terrified, Sunset quirked a curious eyebrow at the question. What was this woman talking about?

"An imperial spy?" She asked confused. "What do you mean?"

The woman only clenched the gun tighter; Sunset gulped in fear.

"I'm warning you," The woman said. "I am not afraid to pull this trigger. Answer my question."

"Okay, okay!" Sunset said fearfully. "But I swear I'm not a spy. I don't even know what you're talking about."

The young woman looked into the girl's eyes, seeing no hint of deception or falseness in her words. Slowly but surely, she lowered the gun and Sunset released a huge breath of relief.

"What are you doing here Sunset Shimmer?" The woman asked again.

"It's kind of a long story," Sunset answered. "You might think I'm crazy when I tell you this. But basically, my friends and I were sucked through a portal. Somehow we got separated and I don't know where they are or where I am."