The Death Star

In the dark, cold cell block of the Imperial Palace, Sunset Shimmer laid along the hard ground. She silently prayed to Celestia that her friends would soon rescue her, or at least something good to happen soon. Since arriving at this new world, all she experienced was pain and anguish. From the very first torture session with Palpatine, there had been at least 'six' more... each more painful than the last. At this point, Sunset became so accustomed to it she no longer shed a single tear when the painful force lightning rippled through her body.

The sound of the cell block door opening made her sit up almost instantaneously, as Starkiller made his way into the block. He unlocked the door to her cell, gesturing for her to step forward.

"Come with me," He instructed.

With no fight left in her, following the period of torture and isolation, Sunset did just as she was ordered. Sunset shakily got to her feet, slowly approaching the young Sith boy. He shackled her in a pair of force resistant cuffs, as he proceeded to lead her out of the jail cell.

"Where are we going?" Sunset asked quietly.

"My master ordered me to escort you off world," Starkiller explained. "We will board an imperial shuttle and make way for the Death Star immediately."

Sunset let her head hang low, as she walked alongside Starkiller toward the palace hangar. As they walked, Marek looked down at Sunset and saw that her demeanor had been much worse since he last saw her. She seemed so lost... so broken. All of a sudden, Sunset collapsed mid-stride but thankfully he caught her before she completely hit the floor. Leaning her against the wall, Starkiller noticed her skin was losing color, her hair flattened, and she grew thinner due to lack of food.

This sight truly made the young man feel 'slightly' bad for what she must be going through. Seeing her in such a state, he made a quick decision. Reaching into his robe pocket, he pulled out a tiny device.

"I know you must look upon me and see nothing more than a cold, conniving killer," He spoke. "I won't argue with those claims, as they are mainly true. But unlike many in the empire, I have some sense of compassion."

Pushing a button in the device, a small needle protruded from the pack. Quickly, he jabbed it into her arm and Sunset gave out a startled yelp of pain. But then... a different sensation washed over her. For the first time since her capture, she actually felt... good. Her pale skin slowly regained its glow, her hair grew its luster back, and her figure slowly returned to normal. After a moment, Starkiller removed the device and Sunset faced him with confusion.

"What did you just do?" She asked.

"I administered a stimpack to you," Starkiller explained. "Your health is being restored."

Sunset looked down at herself, seeing he was telling the truth. Now she was healthier than she had been in days. Looking back toward the Sith, Sunset can't wrap her brain around it. Only one question plagued her mind.

"Why did you just help me?"

Marek sighed to himself before looking her dead in the eye.

"Despite what my master or the Emperor believe, you proved to me you are indeed innocent. I cannot simply stand idly by while an innocent woman suffers."

Hearing the answer actually made Sunset smile for the first time in days.

"I knew there was a good man in there," She said softly.

Without thinking, she quickly threw her arms around Marek's neck and hugged him tight. Starkiller went stiff as a board, while the young girl hugged him. Never having actually had physical contact with anyone unless it was to kill them, it took him by surprise.