Chapter 4

At Kim’s Home:

The members at the dinner table were completely going insane. Hayoon was so sad why her children were acting like this but nothing was under her control.

“Out of all damn schools in the city, why your son got into this Bangtan High?” Byeol yelled. Taehyung was silently minding his business.

“Have your food first, Byeol. Stop quarrelling while dining, it will affect your health” Hayoon patted her hand. There are some mothers who would never scold their children rather give them life tips. Hayoon is one of that kind. She never beaten or scolded Byeol ever since she was born. Her father too. He never touched her.

“I know why he chose this. He always want to spy on me. Why Eomma?” she stood up leaving her food unfinished “I’m 16. Can’t he leave me to live my life on my own? I’m not going to run away from this house!!” she headed to the front door.

“Where are you going?” Taehyung questioned keeping his chopsticks down.

“I’m not your slave. I’m not under any obligation to answer you” she crossed her arms facing him.

“Byeol, you should not speak this way to your brother” Hayoon said with a worried look, anger trailing in her voice but she managed to hide it.

“And yes, Eomma. Please tell your son not to let the school know that I’m his sister. I won’t be a third-wheeler again for his relationships as I did in Middle-school” she mumbled the last words facing the door knob.

Taehyung and Byeol studied in the same Jeil School, when he was in his high school years, Girls were chasing him and found 6th Grade Byeol to be his sister so they bribed her with Candies, Pringle Potato chips and Butter Sandwich cookies to deliver their crap letters with Grammar mistakes to her brother. As she didn’t realize what she was doing at that young age, she fell for those Butter sandwiches. Also she didn’t understand why that letters she brought to her brother always went to the Trash can untouched, sometimes crumbled and torn.

“It’s Cold outside. Go back to your room” Taehyung insisted.

“Stop Ordering me Taehyung” the way she mentioned his name- it disturbed him. Kim Taehyung never wants to hear his name from  younger ones, but Byeol was exceptional. Though this time, her audacity triggered him “You know what? Even that boy Min Yoongi, he is acceptable at some level, but you.….” She pointed him “You are the real troublemaker in my Life”

Taehyung was frustrated. He stood up with a loud bang on the table.

“Min Yoongi?” his eyes were glazed with water. He swallowed and managed to bring out the words “If you go out now, You will never be able to enter this house again. This is really an order, Go inside or do not… ever…come back!”

Hayoon grabbed his arm to make him realize what he was saying but Taehyung could not help himself. Byeol glanced at her Mom, and her hands holding her son, and then stared back at Taehyung gritting her teeth, a single drop falling from the edges. She forcefully pushed herself to her room, holding her fists tight.

She took her phone and lied on her bed to distract her mood. That’s when her screen popped up with a new notification.

‘Bangtan High – B7 Chingus’

Byeol tapped it without delay and found her classmates has already created a Chat room. Whether or not to add Mr. Seokjin in the group was the Hot topic of the day. Girls wished to have him in their group while boys demanded if they add him, they have to add all their subject teachers so it will be helpful for them, wanting Ms. Baek in particular. Some neutral ones suggested to create one more chat room for teachers, and liked to have the current one only for the students.