Chapter 7

Thunderstorms along with Rain came as uninvited guests that evening. The streets were almost flooding. It was hard for Jimin and Byeol, somehow they managed to reach home safe. When they stepped inside the front door, both were completely soaked in Rain.

“Come in, Come in” Hayoon rushed them “Take this- dry your heads first” she handed both a towel “Byeol-ah Go to your room and get changed, Jimin-ah I’ll go and check Taehyung’s cupboard, I’m sure there’ll be something that fits you” saying this she walked towards Tae’s room. Byeol followed her instead of going to her room.

“No, No Ajumma! I’m fine. I’ll go home soon, it’s not necessary to get changed” Jimin yelled but Hayoon doesn’t seem to mind his words.

“What did you just say?” Byeol came running with a sweat pant and a t-shirt which will eventually become an oversized one for Jimin.

“Call Ajumeoni and inform that Jimin will be staying here tonight” Hayoon said closing the room door behind.

“Ha…I’ll Eomma. And Chimmie” she clutched his arms “Eomma will prepare delicious food for us and we can have dinner together…Yay!!”

“Aish…Why are over-excited for a dinner like a kid?” Jimin grabbed the clothes with a shy smile.

“I am” Byeol pouted “And It’s not the dinner. It’s You” saying this she climbed up the stairs to her room as Hayoon rushed her when the sound of Taehyung’s car getting parked in the front yard was heard.

A faded voice of her mom suggesting they could’ve accompanied Taehyung in his car and Jimin replying with some blunt excuse could be heard by Byeol as she reached her room. She felt Lucky to have Jimin by her side as he understood her very well like no other person in her life.

 She felt Lucky to have Jimin by her side as he understood her very well like no other person in her life

So are you happy now?

Finally happy now, yeah?

Mwo geudaeroya nan?
(Well, I’m just the same)

Da ileobeorin geot gata
(I feel like I lost everything)

Modeun ge mamdaero watdaga insado
(Everything comes as they please and)

Eopsi tteona
(leaves without waving goodbye)

Idaeroneun mueotdo saranghago sipji ana
(I don’t want to love anyone if things go like this)

Da haejil daero haejyeobeorin
(I travel through memories that)

Gieok sogeul yeohaenghae
(Have become old and worn out)’

Byeol hummed the lyrics of the song “Eight” by IU in which she collaborated with one of the members of biggest boy band, BTS – Suga, drying her wet hair as she sat down on her bed in her night suit. She was a great fan of them, of BTS, I mean. The fans who call themselves Army.