Beginning of a new life

Ayanokouji POV

It was April. The month my high school life was beginning. As I was seated in the bus which would drop me to the school, I looked out of the window, looking back on what had happened in the past 2-3 weeks. As I remember, I had escaped from 'that place' and 'that man' with the help of the kind butler, Matsuo. He had told me all about this school and that I would be free from the shackles of 'that man' atleast for 3 years. As I was thinking about this, an angry voice soon broke my thought process.

"Will you not give up your seat? Your seated in one of the priority seats and this elder lady here should be sitting on it instead of you. So just give it up already!" she said as she glared at the person, the young blonde boy who was sitting, a smirk forming on his face. "Didn't you hear what I just said? I asked you to give up your seat so do it already" the office lady said, the annoyance in her tone increasing. Finally the blonde boy looked at her "My my, that's a rude way of talking to someone who is valuable to this society. But again what should I expect from someone like you" he said as he crossed his legs. "What did you say? I am just asking you to give up your seat. It's a priority seat afterall so you should be letting this elder lady here sit on it" she said as she now looked even angrier than before. "While it is true that this is a priority seat, it's just that- a priority seat. I am not doing anything illegal by giving up this seat. So why should I?" he questioned, a sarcastic look forming on his face. The lady was only getting more and more annoyed. "I'm sorry, but it would be better if you gave up your seat. While it's true that it is not a rule or a law, this is only for the betterment of the society" a girl my age with shoulder length hair said. She was wearing the same highschool uniform as me. "If you feel that's true then why not ask the others to give up their seats? I am sure that there would be several people here who would agree with you" he said the last part with a sarcastic tone. As the girl realised that it was pointless arguing with him, she looked around the bus, saying "Please someone, anyone, please would you be kind enough to give up your seat for this elder lady."

As I glanced around the bus, I observed that there were two types of people. One who heard the girl but pretended to ignore her and the other who heard her but were hesitating in giving up their seats. As I continued looking around, my eyes fell on the person sitting next to my seat. She was neither of the two types, she belonged to a completely different type. She exuded the aura of superiority and coldness. As I was looking at what she was reading, she looked back at me, our eyes locked for an instant but then I averted my gaze.

As the commotion was still going on, I decided to end it. "She can sit here" I said as I got up from my seat, offering it to the old lady who said "Thank you" with a smile and sat down. I then moved to the back of the bus, not wanting to get any further attention and have some peace. As I was standing, the girl from before came up to me saying "Thank you so much! You were very kind enough to give up your seat for her. Your a really nice guy" she said as she smiled, her intentions completely innocent and pure. "It's okay. I am sure that the others would have done the same" I replied as I now looked away, not wanting to attract more attention than there was already. "Oh how rude of me! I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Kushida Kikyou! Nice to meet you" she said as she forwarded her hand, an angelic smile on her face. She was looking cute. "My name is Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. Nice to meet you as well" I replied but didn't shake her hand. "Hello Ayanokouji-kun. It seems like we are going to be in the same school. Which class are you in?" she asked as she noticed my uniform. "Class D. What about you?" I replied. "Oh my! I am in Class D as well! Looks like I will be in your care!" she replied surprised at first but then excited. I felt some eyes looking in our direction. As soon as she realised it, she bowed her head in apology "I'm so sorry!"

Soon the bus stopped, she got down and as did I. "I'll see you in school Ayanokouji-kun! Bye bye" she said as she ran off. I nodded and then started walking towards the school as well. As soon as I entered through the gates, the girl who I had glanced over at earlier in the bus, stood on the top of the stairs, looking at me. "You were staring at me in the bus, is there something you have to say?" she asked as she looked at me, her eyes still looking cold. "I noticed that you were reading a book I've read in the past, isn't it interesting?" I asked as I looked at her, my tone being the same monotonous as usual. "If that's all you have to say, then I will be leaving'' she said as she walked away, her long black hair swaying due to the wind. What a mean girl. Does everyone here get welcomed the same way she did?