Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet

Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love

Just a year after the duo met, Damian was starting to fall for her. Hard. He was too young to know what love was though. Which was sad but he acknowledged it. He started to call her ' Habibiti' or 'Jamilati' . 

Marinette happily acknowledged it. She too was starting to fall for the boy. Hard. However, she too did not understand what lover was. 

Marinette was his 

Damian was hers

It was a mutual understanding.

No words needed to be exchanged.

Full stop.

Another year passed.

The two of them were to be betrothed to each other.

They were happy but also a little bit confused.

Marinette and Damian had to go to the ceremonial room. They both knew that you only go to the ceremonial room for serious matters and they did not know that the betrothal was to be take that seriously.

At the ceremony,

Talia announced in Arabic " Today, we are all going to witness the betrothal of the heirs of The League Of Assassins and The Order Of The Guardians respectively. This bond will seal the ridge between our organizations. Both heirs will drink the water of the lazarus pits to seal the bond. Their bond would be unbreakable."

( And a lot of other stuff but I'm not that good of a writer. Sorry.)

And so...  The bond was created.

The 2 heirs had to infuse their blood with the lazarus water and drink the water.

The 2 of them understood the gravity of the situation and drank the water. 

Another year passed.

Marinette was 9

Damian was 9

Tradegy struck.

Slade attacked the League Of Assassins and the Order Of The Guardians. (Let's pretend that Master Fu wasn't the one the one that destroyed the Order.)

The 2 of them had to separate.

Talia had brought Damian to Gotham.

In Gotham on the way to meet Damian's Father, Bruce, Damian was busy sulking in the car. He had been separated from Marinette. He had taken a hard blow. He thought that he would have been able to stay with Marinette forever. Alas, fate had to cut in. The 2 of them had to separate. However, Damian had hope he was sure he would meet Marinette again.

Talia had entrusted Sabine to Marinette. 

Sabine and Master Fu brought Marinette to Pars where they met Tom. Soon, Sabine and Tom started dating and got married. Tom allowed Sabine and Marinette to live in his bakery. Tom and Sabine became Marinette's stepmother and stepdad respectively. Marinette was gloomy she had to separate from her Damian. She cannot spend a day without thinking of Damian. She was sure though, that she would meet Damian again. She had to hope.