Chapter 9 - You Little F*cke- umph

Cyrus' pov

"Where's Loki?!" I yell over the chaotic cacophony of noise.

"On the top of Stark Tower," Steve grunt, slamming a monster with his shield, "but we need you down here."

I don't reply, instead kicking off a car and flipping straight back over. While in midair, I use my Golden Rope of Asgard - the first gift ever given to me by my father, and the only thing I retained while in Vanaheim - more formally nicknamed 'The String of Hallowed Light', around the neck of two monsters, sheering straight through their necks.

"What is that, a flimsy lightsaber?" Clint calls over, closely watching The String with fascination. Followed closely by Natasha, he runs to join our position once more after checking down the block.

"Something like that," I respond vaguely, smirking a little at his Stark-like humour, "So, what's the plan, old man?"

"I've got to get a perimeter around the area," he gestures to the buildings around us, "there're people in there who are running straight into the line of fire."

"We've got this," Clint tells him, readying an arrow in his mechanical quiver.

"Do you think you can hold them off?" He asks.

"Captain, it would be my absolute pleasure," he reassures him, before poking up and over an overturned taxi. Within second, a multitude of arrows have taken out half a dozen creatures.

"I'll go with you," I offer to Steve, "you have no clue what it'll be like over there."

"No," Natasha buts in quickly, "you're not leaving my sight."

Getting a sceptical look from Clint and a raised eyebrow from Captain Rogers, she swiftly adds, "We can't have you running off and escaping again: you still are a SHIELD prisoner."

"Totally," Clint mutters, before continuing to volley shots at the approaching forces. Steve leaps off the bridge without a second look back, rolling onto a stationary bus.

Holding the line of fire, Natasha waves us off in the direction of a civilian-filled bus. As we help people out, I launch my rope much like a knife, watching it slice through a few monsters before boomeranging back to my outstretched hand.

"Why didn't that thing cut straight through Bruce?" Natasha questions, as I join her behind a car.

"Because I didn't want it to," I state simply, jumping straight over the vehicle in one leap and into a new sea of monsters.

As Cap returns back with a defiant look on his face, we fend off more creatures. With a dramatic shower of lightning bolts, Thor land heavily on the pavement, staggering a little.

"What's the story upstairs?" Steve asks him immediately, letting us savour the few moments where we're not under attack.

"The power surrounding The Cube is impenetrable," he informs us gravely, managing a smile when he notices me.

"How do we do this?" Natasha asks, reloading her dual guns.

"As a team," Cap states in a patriotic tone (if that's even possible).