Time of Love-Hongjoong

김 홍중
Kim Hong-Joong

Dating HongJoong was hard. Him being the leader of Ateez, leaves less time for you. Sometimes you would think about stuff like, is he seeing someone? or does he love me anymore? Crazy things runs through your head.

One time, he didn't come home at all. You were getting really frustrated. You didn't want to seem desperate, but you were worried so you texted him.

You- Joongieeee...are you coming home soon?

No reply.

About 5 minutes later, you texted him again.

You- HongJoong! Is everything okay? Are you okay?

HJ- Yes

You didn't reply. The second you knew he's alright, you didn't bother him after that. "Yes?" You spoke to yourself while sitting on the kitchen counter, eating ice cream. "That's all he said? Yes?" You were pissed. You and HongJoong are have been dating for 4 years and was always open about everything. Lately he's been busy, he would come home, straight to bed without talking.

It was 6am in the morning and your were lying down on the couch. You suddenly heard the door unlock. "Baby!" He called out and closed the door behind him. You stayed where you were. "Y/N? Maybe she's sleeping" He said to himself. He walked over to the couch and saw you. "Hey, I'm so sorry..." He said and you sat up. "It's okay. You've got work" You tried to keep things okay, but your aura wasn't. "I'll make it up to you" He said.

"No need...as long as you're here...everything's okay" You said. "Okay" He said and pulled you in for a hug. "I've missed you" He said and kissed your head. "Same here" You said. "Let's get some sleep okay?" He said and you nodded.

A week later, it was your 4th year anniversary and HongJoong had to go to work. You wanted to go out, with him. Have lunch or something then he'll go back to whatever he's doing. You called his phone but he didn't answer. You called him for like 5 times, still no answer.

You called Seonghwa. No answer. You didn't want to bother his friends but you were worried. You called the maknae. "Jongho? Is HongJoong with you?" You asked. "No noona, he and Seonghwa didn't come in today. He said he's got stomache flu and Seonghwa lost his car key" He explained. "Oh- okay thanks Jongho"
"Okay, bye"

You were super worried. "What are they doing?" You asked yourself. You fell asleep, over thinking that afternoon. You woke up as you heard the bedroom door swung open. "Joongie?" You were shocked. "Y/N, please come with me" He said. "Why? What's wrong?" You asked as you stood up. He just took your hand and led you outside.

He brought you to his car. He drove somewhere outside the city. "HongJoong, where are we going?" You asked. "It's a surprise" He said. You were confused. All this time, he's been busy and had no time. But now...all of the sudden you thought about what Jongho said.

"I called Jongho this afternoon" You said. He lifted an eyebrow. "You called Jongho?" He looked curious. "Yeah, I tried calling you but you didn't answer...he said you told him that you've got stomache flu" You said. He bit his lip, trying to hold in a laughter. "What is it? Is there something funny?" You knew that he's going to laugh. He shook his head. "Nothing" He just said and kept focusing on the road.

You didn't realise that you were in the woods. "Why are we here?" You asked. "Just wait..." He said. He kept driving, following the path into the forest. Up ahead, you saw a house. Once you got there, he parked in front of the house.

"Wha-" You were still a bit confused. He turned to you then held your hands. "Y/N, I know that I've spent most of my time at work. I just wanted us to have a time off and spend our vacation here" He said. "You rented this house?" You asked and he nodded.

Time flew and you were in the living room, you just got out of the shower and HongJoong was nowhere to be seen. You decided to look around the house. It was nice, warm and comfortable. You wanted to stay there forever.

HongJoong came out from the kitchen with two glasses of wine. You sat on the couch and he sat beside you. "I really like it when you wear a robe" He said and you blushed. "Thanks" You replied. "Look, there's something that I need to tell you" He said. You took a sip of your wine then placed it in the coffee table in front of you.

"First of all, I am so sorry for not answering your calls, second, I was with Seonghwa looking for something" He said and you tilted your head. "We've been together for 4 years...and I can't explain how lucky I am to have you in my life. You make my heart smile, even in my worst days. You worry about me and I love it, makes me feel special. I want to have that for the rest of my life"

He took a small red velvet box out from his pocket. He stood up and got on both of his knees in front of you on the floor. He leaned towards you and opened the box, revealing a diamond ring. "I was with Seonghwa all day because he was helping me find the perfect ring...I'm sorry if I'm late but I had to make everything perfect" He said and you were in shock.

"Y/N, will you be mine for the rest of our lives?" He asked and you nodded. "Yes...of course" You said. He slipped the ring on your finger. "I will try and come home early" He said. "It's okay...you're a hard worker, I know that...but I'm just worried about your health" You said.

" Wait- so the others don't know?" You asked. "Nope" He said. When you finally got back home. Everyone was surprised when you guys told them what was happening. "So...it wasn't a stomache flu..." Jongho confirmed and all the other boys laughed at him. "HongJoong hyung never gets stomache flu" Said WooYoung.

It took some time for the company to get use to it. Eventually, everyone did and you guys got married and lived a happy life. HongJoong tried his best to come home early.