Revelation

It's been 20 years since the hunting trip. Kara roamed the dark streets of Republic City, just one of her routines. Kara tried shaking the hunting trip out of her mind but it drifted back.

//////////

'Let's go. We can run away from him. Forever.'  Tarrlock hesitated. 'Run away? But what about mom? We can't just leave her.' Noatak narrowed his eyes at his brother. 'He was right. You are a weakling.' He turned around and ran into the blizzard. 'Noatak!' Tarrlock shouted. Kara instinctively ran after him. 

'Noatak! Wait!' He stopped and faced her. 'Are you coming, or not?' Kara caught her breath. 'This...this is madness! You can't survive out there in your own!' Noatak looked away from her. 'Yes, I can.' 

'Please don't leave me.' Kara said as tears rolled down her eyes. Noatak put a hand on her cheek. 'I'll miss you.' And that was the last time she saw him.

//////////

A truck turned around the corner. It was surrounded by motorcycles. Equalists. And they were looking right at her. She ran as fast as she could.

Hopefully, she wouldn't have to use bloodbending on them. They cornered her in an alley. Kara used the puddles on the ground to defend herself but the Equalists dodged them and jabbed her in various places. They were chi-blocking her! She fell to the floor. She couldn't move at all.

'Hey! Let go of me!' She shouted as they gagged her and threw her in the truck. A few other people were there. Most of the, were criminals but there was one guy, she had seen him earlier today doing some sort of street performance.

They dragged her into a warehouse and lined them up on a stage. 'Please welcome your hero, your savior,' a hatch opened in the middle of the stage, 'Amon!' A hooded figure stood in the middle of the stage.

Amon took the microphone and began his speech. 'My quest for equality began many years ago. When I was a boy, my family and I lived on a small farm. We weren't rich, and none of us were benders. This made us very easy targets for the firebender who extorted my father. One day, my father confronted this man, but when he did, that firebender took my family from me. Then, he took my face. I've been forced to hide behind a mask ever since.'

'As you know, the Avatar has recently arrived in Republic City. And if she were here, she would tell you that bending brings balance to the world. But, she is wrong. The only thing bending has brought to the world, is suffering. It has been the cause of every war in every era. But that is about to change. I know you have been wondering, "What is the Revelation?" You are about to get your answer.'

'Since the beginning of time, the spirits have acted as guardians of our world, and they have spoken to me. They say the Avatar has failed humanity. That is why the spirits have chosen me to usher in a new era of balance. They have granted me a power that will make Equality a reality. The power to take a person's bending away. Permanently.'

Karas eyes widened. What? Wasn't that something only the Avatar could do? An Equalist untied a man and made him stand up. 'Now, for a demonstration. Please welcome, Lightning Bolt Zolt. Leader of the Triple Threat Triad, and one of the most notorious criminals in Republic City.' The crowd of nonbenders booed.

'Aw, boo yourself!' Lightning Bolt Zolt shouted back. 'Zolt has amassed a fortune by extorting and abusing nonbenders. But his reign of terror is about to come to an end. Now, in the interest of fairness, I will give Zolt the chance to fight to keep his bending.'

'You're gonna regret doing that, pal.' Lightning Bolt Zolt directed a fire blast at Amon. He nimbly dodged every blast that Zolt threw at him, gradually coming closer. Zolt surged forward while generating lightning. He fired the bolt at the Equalist leader who ducked underneath it, grabbed hold of Zolt's wrist, and twisted it around and away from him. The lighting crashed into the stage, before hitting the ceiling as Amon turned his hands further away. Amon grabbed Zolt's neck with lightning still shooting out of Zolt's fingers. Amon moved his hand from Zolt's wrist to his forehead and placed his thumb in the center.

Kara watched with horror as the crackling lightning changed into a large fire blast, and stopped entirely. Amon let go of Zolt, who collapsed weakly onto the ground. Zolt attempted to fire a blast at Amon, but nothing came out. He fell before the feet of the Equalist leader. Everyone gasped.

'Wha...what did you do to me?' Zolt said weakly. 'Your firebending is gone. Forever. The era of bending is over. A new era of Equality has begun!' The crowd cheered madly and the Equalists kicked Shady Shin forward to face Amon next.

Amon easily took his bending away. Next was Kara. She started shaking as the guards pushed her to the hooded man behind the mask. It was now or never, she thought. Using Yakone's psychic bloodbending technique, she tried stopping Amon, but nothing happened. What? That wasn't supposed to happen. Amon stared at her for a while. 'Fight me. If you want to keep your...precious bending.'

Kara opened her water skin and tried whipping Amon but he dodged those, kicked her down, grabbed hone back of her neck and placed his thumb on her forehead. Kara waited for the worst but it never came. Even Amon was confused. He tried putting his thumb on her forehead again. He leaned down to her ear. 'Who are you?' He whispered. Kara was too frightened to answer.

'Guards! Take her away! I need to talk to her later.' The last Kara saw of the revelation was a pipe breaking or something, and steam filling the entire place before something hit her on her head, knocking her out.