four // 12.25.14

Christmas swirls around, bringing the joy and love to a max, which means elevated moods and feelings...the perfect setting for a great kiss. As much as I'd waited my whole life for this, it's a huge bonus that Ellie enjoyed it too. It's gotten to the point where she doesn't hesitate to come near me; it's the progress I really wanted to see.

But now it was time to really step it up. My favorite way to kiss is the French kiss, and there's no other girl I'd rather try it on.

I'm slightly afraid of her reaction. What if she doesn't like it as much? It's a huge sacrifice on my end.

"Ready?" Ellie asked me, closing her book. Our tutoring sessions were going pretty great too, and we have a lot more time to do them since school is out for the rest of the week.

Which also means a lot more time for my lessons.

"After you." I told her. Today we were in the treehouse again, per my request. I brought some chairs from my house up, and we sat face-to-face in them, close enough for our knees to touch.

"It's French kissing day, isn't it?" Ellie asks suddenly. I gasp loudly in mock surprise. "How ever did you know?"

"You've been saying it all week, Carson."

"Have I? I don't really recall. Anyway, it's time to use our tongues!"

Ellie blushes. Her hair is pulled up in a nice curly ponytail, but those few short strands always have to be the bad ones. They stick out around the rim of her scalp. Maybe I thought she wouldn't notice, but she's wearing a light pink lipstick today and has definitely changed perfumes. I feel aroused just looking at her, and I keep my hands against the apex of my pants.

"So we're skipping the steps here, because it's just like kissing. All you need to remember is to NOT BE SLOPPY. It ruins the mood and it ruins the relationship. And I don't want to lose my best friend."

"Me neither." Ellie agrees. Her ponytail swings as she shakes her head.

"Now, let's see if you can tell the difference. Lesson 4: the French kiss." I leaned forward and our lips collided once more. I cup Ellie's face in my hand to steady her and she keeps her arms at her knees. For a second, we just kiss, and then..

Slowly, easily, I open my mouth just a little wider and brush my tongue across her bottom lip. She doesn't really react, so I push it in her mouth the next go-round.

I feel her gasp more than I hear her, as our mouths unalign for a second when she pulls back slightly.

"Oh.."

Her arms go numb and lifeless.

"Whoa." she whispers between kisses. "That feels...amazing."

"Shut up so I can kiss you." I tell her, and she does.

My kisses get faster, and she keeps up. She was already a natural, from the first two days of teaching.

It's hard to ignore the feeling I get when I'm with Ellie now. After all this is over, she'll have to want to be with me. She might now. I hope she does now.

My hands attack her hair, loosening the tight band that holds it. Her curls fall at her shoulders and my fingers rake through them as I hold her head in place. One of her hands rests on my thigh; the other is at my shoulder, extending around my neck and at the base of my hair.

"Carson." she says, pulling away just the slightest bit. My breathing is heavy and I want to pull her back for more.

"Are you tired?" I ask her, noticing she's breathing as hard as I am.

"Yes, but I don't want to be." she answers.

We let ourselves breathe for a couple seconds, and I'm so aware of the heat just generated by us. Even my hands are a little sweaty, and I wipe them on my pants.

"Why did you think I was scared of you?" she asks suddenly.

"Are you? Afraid of me?"

"No. Not afraid. Just kinda jealous." she quietly admits.

"Jealous? Why?" I can't help but laugh at this.

"You're so good at this. You've always been good at talking to people, Carson. As we grew up, you always knew how to make friends. I didn't. The only reason why I even have the other two close friends I have now is because of you.

"And without you, I wouldn't be able to even do this," she finishes, "because you're the best, literally. I wish to be just the tiniest bit like you so much everyday." She looks down at her lap.

My smile is bigger than ever and it'll take a whole lot for it to go away. For her to even be saying this is so amazing and so heartfelt it makes me almost want to cry.

Almost.

I'm still a guy, you know.

"Ellie," I begin, raising her head with my fingers to look at her, "Number one, you're the best person in the whole entire world for saying that and I wanna hug you so bad right now but I need to finish first." She smiles, eyes sparkling.

"Number two, you shouldn't be jealous of me, because everyone has something they're good at. I would kill to have your grades, El. I would kill to have the determination you have at school, because sometimes, most of the time, I just don't have that. But nobody's perfect."

"We really balance each other out, don't we?" she says with a laugh.

"Yes, and I'm so grateful for that. I'm so grateful for you, Ellie. I hope you know that." I continue. She nods, eyes welling with tears.

"I'm grateful for you too." she whispers back, hugging me with arms wrapped around my neck. Her scent emits through her hair and enters my nose, the strands tickling.

"Merry Christmas." I tell her, squeezing tight.

"Merry Christmas." she says back.

There was just one more thing I needed to tell her, one more assurance that I needed to get off my chest, and I was ready to say it.

Maybe more than ready.

"Ellie...I—" I start to say as we pull away, but then her phone rings.

Great timing.

"Hello?" she answers. After a pause, a confused and maybe disappointed look crosses her face.

"Um...okay..." she says, and I'm already curious after more silence.

"Bye..." After she hangs up, she doesn't hesitate.

"My parents are coming home."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Next update coming up next Friday! Go check out Don't Let Go's latest update!

- kayci