The treacherous mountain.

"Ok! Our first official mission as a team will be.. This one!" He pointed at one of the listed commissions in the paper.

"R-really? T-this on- Ejem, Very well, we shalt take on this very task with glee, and triumph over it with our almighty alliance!"

"You want to go to Dragonspine again, Bennett? Last time didn't go so well for you.." Katheryne always looks worried when taking the boy's commissions lately, after that day, he has been taking medium or higher ranked ones.

"Yes! Don't worry, last time was just a bad luck moment, and also, I've gotten better than before!" His proud expression seemed like it was shining.

Katheryne smiled at him and let him choose whatever he wanted, there was no way of convincing him not to anyway. "Very well, it's still a fairly simple one so both of you will probably not have that many problems."

"Thanks, Katheryne! We'll be going now, see you!" The boy, without waiting a single moment, went off to the entrance, with a skeptical Fischl following right behind him.

"Are you sure you want to do this, Mein Fraülen? We should tell hi-"

"Oz!" The girl closed the raven's beak with her hand, shaking her head and then continuing on as if nothing happened, the familiar couldn't help but sigh, he knew he couldn't convince her at this point.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As they were approaching Dragonspine, Fischl stopped dead in her tracks.

Bennett quickly noticed and turned around to see her. "What happened? Are you feeling alright?" He hurriedly approached her.

"Huh? Oh, o-of course I am! This deadly mountain is no feat for the Prinzessin der Verurteilung!" She did an extravagant pose, putting her hand over her eyepatch.

Her partner scratched his neck. "If you say so.. Though, if you need something, tell me."

They continued their path, but once again they stopped, but both of them in this case.

"Uhm.. Did you bring something for the snow? I.. Kinda forgot." Bennett laughed it up.

"I'm afraid you walked out so eagerly that both you and Mein Fraülen forgot to prepare for the trip." Oz was standing on Fischl's shoulder with a worried expression. "May I suggest you go back for the time being and come again once you're ready?"

"No! A true adventurer must be ready for any trouble that comes in their way, even if they're not prepared for it!" The boy completely misunderstood the meaning of the phrase 'A true adventurer is prepared for everything.'

Fischl, not wanting to ruin Bennett's excitement, nodded, though not completely convinced. "I.. I must agree! if the Prinzessin cannot overcome this petty challenge that fate gave us, I would be a disgrace to mine own name!"

Oz let out another sigh, these two were going to give him a headache sooner or later. "If Mein Fraülen is so convinced, then I cannot do anything."

Bennett, with a determination that came out of nowhere, did the first step into the mountain, with Fischl following him closely from behind.

After approximately an hour of walking, Bennet was looking at his map. "O-ok, so.. T-the slimes s-should be.. over t-there." Bennett pointed at a small cliff which was kind of far. "S-seems we have to endure the cold a b-bit more.. A-are you holding alright, Fischl?"

The girl was shivering from the cold, and was trying to warm herself up by putting her hands in her armpits. "'Tis n-no match f-for me! It's n-nothing t-that the Prinzessin can't h-handle.." She did her best to make her signature and smug laugh, but it ended up poorly.