The end.

Yeah, most of the town ended up knowing.

By the time they came back, a little bard "unintentionally" spread the word of their relationship by singing a love song that literally had both of their names in it. Fischl caught on when she noticed that some of the people she knew from the guild started grinning when they saw her alongside Bennett, and immediately retreated with him to a secluded space.

"What's the rush?" Their first mission as a couple worked wonders, as the awkwardness between them vanished very quickly thanks to it. "You seem... Nervous."

"Mein prinz, I love thee, but thee very much needeth to notice things." She sighed. "The voiceless voice of this town is telling me that these mortals already know about our bond. I worry about the wrath of my progenitors." She started thinking about needing to spend another night with Bennett, she wasn't going to complain if that was the case, but she was going to confront her parents sooner or later.

"Mein Fräulein, I know you are wary of your parents, but-"

"They won't be angry, Fischl.. If anything, I feel like they are going to be very happy!" He gave her a pat on the head. "And if they aren't, I can always try talking with them. Don't worry, I will be at your side."

She blushed, she wasn't going to get used to that anytime soon. "If thou say so.." She was still nervous, but at least she had someone to rely on now. "Well then, shall we mark as finished our battle tale? I still have royal tasks to finish at my retinue."

"As you wish, meine prinzessin." He held her hand, also blushing, and they went together to tell Katheryne that they finished their daily commission before parting ways.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night arrived, and Fischl found herself once again at her lover's room, incapable of facing her parents and the possible things they could say to her.

"Hey.. I know you're scared, but they are also probably worried, I can go with you if you want to." Bennett was sitting next to her in his bed, writing something in what seemed to be his diary. "But if you want to stay, do so."

"Fret not, my dear. I already sent Oz to deliver the notice of my temporary residence in this realm. They shall not be worried about my well-being."

"Hm.." He still had doubts, but decided to not continue with the subject. "Well, I guess it is also kinda late to go outside now. I suppose you are tired, we had a long fight today." He put away his diary and yawned. "Shall we sleep now?" Fischl nodded, and they both got comfortable in the bed.

.

.

.

It felt weird seeing her face so close, even more so her cute sleeping face.

It seems he woke up way earlier than they both usually do. He stared at Fischl a bit more and then quietly got off the bed, dressing up and preparing breakfast.. Well, asking Oz to make breakfast to serve Fischl when she wakes up. Bennett didn't want to give her a burnt egg.

While he was helping one of his fathers prepare for the day, he heard a knock at the door. And when he opened the door, some unknown yet familiar faces appeared. It appeared to be a couple.

...

Oh no.

"Is Amy here?" The man said. "You're Bennett, correct? I've heard about you."

The adventurer gulped, he wasn't mentally prepared for whatever was coming. "Y-yes sir, I am."

"A pleasure meeting you, Bennett. Now, can you please answer my question? Is Fischl here?"

"Yes, s-she is.." Lying would get him nowhere, and would probably get Fischl in trouble.