SIX ; TROLLS

¤¤¤

¤¤¤

The camp had been set up, Magauna found herself standing next Kili and Fili as they counted the ponies.

"...thirteen...fourteen..." Fili turned to Kili. "That's it."

Kili crossd his arms. "I could've sworn there was more than that..."

Magauna furrowed her eyebrows. "There was sixteen, wasn't there?"

Fili widened his eyes and nodded. "Yeah, you're right...well that's not good."

It was only a few moments later that Bilbo walked over to the three of them with a few bowls of soup. He noticed how they just stared at the ponies. "What's the matter?" He asked them.

"We're supposed to be looking after the ponies." Kili said.

"Only we've encountered a slight problem." Fili added.

"We had sixteen."

"Now there's fourteen."

The four of them walked around to see which two ponies had disappeared. When they met up again, Magauna reported. "Daisy and Bungle are missing."

Bilbo looked up at her. "What?" He looked back to the ponies. "Well that is not good. And that is not good." He noticed the uprooted trees nearby. "Shouldn't we tell Thorin?"

"Uh...no. Let's not worry him." Fili said as they came to the few trees that were uprooted. "As our official burglar, we thought you might like to look into it."

"Well, uh...it looks as if something big uprooted these trees."

"That was our thinking." Kili said.

"It's something very big, and possibly quite dangerous..." Bilbo said, glancing at Magauna. He still held the bowls of soup.

Fili looked over to the side, and saw a orange light through the trees. "Hey! There's a light!" He looked back at Magauna and Kili. "Over here!"
The four of them all ran up behind a fallen log, and crouched down to get a closer look at the light. It turned out to be a camp fire, and it was surrounded by large, ugly creatures.

"Trolls." Magauna hissed quietly. She and the two dwarves made a run to get closer to the camp fire. They hid behind a large tree, and Bilbo followed them a moment later, still carrying the stew. A large troll passed by in front of them, carrying two of the ponies, which were neighing wildly.

"He's got Mrytle and Minty!" Bilbo whispered. "I think they're going to eat them, we have to do something."

Kili looked up at him from where he crouched. "Yes, you should. Mountain trolls are slow and stupid."

"Me? Me- no,"

"They'll never see you!"

"No, no."

"It'll be perfectly safe!"