ELEVEN ; AZOG THE DEFILER

¤¤¤

¤¤¤

The dwarves, Gandalf, and Magauna all ran down the tree-lined mountain side, wanting to get as far away from the goblin cave as possible.

Once they stopped running, Magauna leaned against one of the trees, trying to catch her breath. She may have been of Elvish blood, but only partly. She could still become tired from using too much of her energy.

Gandalf counted the members of the Company, making sure that everyone had made it out. "Five, six, seven, eight. Bifur, Bofur...that makes ten. Kili, Fili, that makes twelve. Magauna, thirteen..." He paused and looked around, like he had missed something. "Where's Bilbo? Where is our Hobbit?!"

Magauna's expression fell at that. She'd been far too occupied with killing the goblins and running to think about trying to find where Bilbo had disappeared to when they first fell through the trapdoor.

"Curse that Halfing!" Gloin said in frustration. "Now he's lost! I thought he was with Dori!"

"Don't blame me!" Dori hollered. "Isn't it Litercash's duty to keep an eye on him?"

"Yes, it is." Gandalf turned to Magauna. "When did you last seem him, Magauna?"

The Half-Elf sighed. "I think saw him slip away when the goblins first caught us. I wasn't able to go and see."

"What happened exactly?" Gandalf said. Magauna shook her head, indicating she knew nothing more. "Tell me!"

"I'll tell you what happened." Thorin said, stepping foward with a scowl. "Master Baggins saw his chance as he took it! He's thought of nothing but his soft bed and his warm hearth since he stepped out of his door. We will not be seeing our Hobbit again. He is long gone."

Magauna shook her head to herself. She had been the one who had spent the most time with Bilbo, and she had gotten to know him more than the others. She did not think Bilbo had fled for home.

It was less than a minute later that her thoughts were confirmed.

"No, he isn't." Said a familiar voice behind them all.

They turned around, and were shocked to see none other than Blibo Baggins standing there.

Gandalf smiled. "Bilbo Baggins. I've never been so glad to see anyone in my life."

"Bilbo!" Kili exclaimed. "We'd given up on you!"

Magauna looked at the Hobbit with a small smirk. "Not all of us." She said.