NINETEEN ; GLORIOUS WARRIOR

¤¤¤

¤¤¤

After a while, the small knife Magauna fought with wasn't enough. Short distance combat wasn't what she preferred. She needed a bow.

But there wasn't time to find one. The Orcs seemed to be attacking in a never ending surge. Magauna found herself spinning left and right killing them.

She managed to snatch a sword from a fallen Orcs, which was an improvement, but not much help overall. It wasn't until she turned around to a brown-haired Elf with his back to her that Magauna saw her chance to use her preferred weapon. The bow on the Elf's back wasn't being used at said moment, so Magauna quickly snatched it.

The Elf spun around just as he killed the Orcs he was battling with and stared at Magauna with wide eyes.

Magauna waved at him quickly. "Sorry, mate! Gotta borrow this for a moment!" She threw the Elf her sword, which he caught effortlessly. "Here, courtesy of your favorite Half-Elf."

Magauna smiled and gave him a quick two-finger salute before turning her back on him and heading down the edge of the crashing river, but not before snatching up a quiver of some fallen Orc's arrows.

The sound of crashing footsteps close behind her let her know the Elves were following. She knew it couldn't be the Orcs, they had no coordination whatsoever, and sounded like a stampede of oxen. These footsteps were definitely of Elves, for they were softer, light and delicate.

It wasn't long before Magauna caught up to the barrel-riding Dwarves. Most of the Orcs were just ahead of them. Magauna pulled one of the arrows from behind her back and aimed it at one of the Orcs. She successfully shot the Orc in the back of the head and it fell into the river dead.

Unfortunately, most of the Orcs were on the other side of the river, too far away from Magauna to shoot while running like she was. Her only chance at killing them would be to make it to the other side.

Fortunately, several of the Dwarves just so happened to be placed so strategically across the running river that they formed a perfect path to the other side.

With little to no hesitation, Magauna leapt from the river's edge and out across the water, limbs flailing as she cut through the air. Each of her feet landed on the head of a Dwarf (the two of which happened to be Dwalin and Bofur) and they let out grunts of frustration as they supported her weight.

Wobbily regaining her balance, Magauna pulled an arrow from her quiver and forked it between her bow, aiming for an Orc up ahead and successfully killing it. Back and forth she went, aiming between the two riverbanks, shooting the foul creatures.

Below her, Dwalin and Bofur kept gripping at her and yelling.

Finally, after causing the two Dwarves a certain degree of neck pain and thundering headache, Magauna jumped to the other members of the Company, leaping between their heads as she continued to shoot the Orcs one after another. Within a seconds, Magauna reached the other side of the river where the majority of the Orcs were, and that's when it truly became a massacre.