TWENTY TWO ; DRAGONFIRE

¤¤¤

¤¤¤

Fear has a curious way of providing one's momentum. It was fear that drove Magauna to run from the barge and across the wooden sidewalks. It was fear that caused Tauriel and Legolas to run after her.

Magauna feared that the Company of Thorin Oakenshield would be run down by Orcs, and so she ran with all the speed she could muster through Laketown, hoping to catch up with the Orcs.

And then there was a sudden loud scream. It had come from nearby, to the right of where Magauna had paused her running. And so she took off in that direction, and it wasn't long before she came upon a house where there was lots of screaming, growling and other sorts of commotion inside.

An Orc jumped down from the roof and onto the house's balcony, making for the open door. Scowling, Magauna - with a running start - took a leap, and climbed over the railing and onto the balcony. Just as the Orc came through the door, Magauna whipped her sword from its sheath and stabbed it through the creature's chest.

Magauna didn't have long to take in the room, but she looked around long enough to be able to see who was inside. The only ones she could see from the Company were Nori, Fili and Kili, who looked sickly and was on a bed trying to avoid the chaos of the many Orcs in the room. And then there was three humans. Children, they seemed, two girls and a boy, with one of the girls being the oldest.

But there was too many Orcs for Magauna to care who these children were, at the moment, at least. Some of the Orcs had noticed her entrance, and so these were the ones Magauna attacked first.

It wasnt very long after that Tauriel and Legolas joined her in the house, fighting off the Orcs.

At one point during the fight, Kili had let out a scream of pain, and Magauna turned to see an Orc had grabbed the Dwarf by his injured leg and was dragging him off the bed. Magauna made to throw a dagger at the Orc, but Tauriel beat her to it.

Left and right the trio slayed the Orcs, and soon their bodies littered the floor.

Magauna had an Orc by the throat and pushed it towards the door. She stabbed it and then tripped it, causing it to fall backwards and over the railing of the balcony. It landed in a boat in the water below. It hadn't been Magauna's expected outcome, but another Orc who had been standing in the boat was propelled upward by the force of the other Orc's body falling. With a clean cut, Magauna sliced the Orc's head off with her sword. The Orc's body fell back into the boat, and its head landed with a splash into the water below.

Looking up from the bodies, Magauna's eyes caught sight of several more Orcs running through the wooden walkways of the town, away from the house they had attacked.