Sonic's the Man

(Outside Disney Movie for Sonic)

      Sonic the Hedgehog is a teen Mobian boy who plays for Tiger's  soccer team until the team gets cut. His dream is to play for the Mobotropolis Tar Heels. Meanwhile, his twin brother, Dan, who is an over lander since their mother was once an overlander before she chose to be a Mobian, is supposed to enroll in Lion Boarding School, but he secretly goes to Angel Island with his fledgling band instead. Sonic agrees to cover for him and decides to pass himself  off as Dan, in hopes of joining their Overlanders' team and beating Tiger to prove their coach and his cocky ex-buddy, Dude, wrong for suggesting cancellation of the Mobians' soccer team. With the help of his genius best friend, Tails, he is transformed into "Dan" and attends Lion in his place.
      While moving in, he meets his classmate, Sally Acorn, an attractive soccer cheerleader. During tryouts, Sonic fails to impress Coach Dinklage and is assigned to second string, much to his dismay. His teammates, including Sally, initially dislike "Dan" due to his awkward and strange behavior. However, with help from Tails once again, they begin to accept him into their social circle. "Dan" then gets the popular and beautiful Vanesa as his lab partner, which frustrates Sally, as she has feelings for him. "Dan" agrees to put in a good word for his friends if they promise to train him to be a better soccer player. Coach Dinklage eventually notices "Dan's" effort and improvement, thus promoting him to first string.
      At the carnival, where his parents has made him volunteer, Sonic saw Sally working at the kissing booth, and he kisses her. Sally expresses to Elias, her brother that she might move on from "Dan" as she is starting to like Sonic now. Sonic, who has been hearing everything, is delighted as he secretly feels the same way.
      Vanesa who now has a crush on "Dan", asks a boy out on a date in hopes that it will make "Dan" jealous. When Sonic finds out the truth, also that her plan didn't work as well, he encourages Vanesa to tell "Dan" directly about her feelings.
      The situation becomes even more complicated when the real Dan returns from Angel Island a day early, unbeknownst to Sonic. As soon as he arrives at boarding school, Vanesa confesses her feelings and kisses him. Sally, seeing this, made her very jealous, since she still has feelings for him. The next day, Sonic oversleeps and misses the first half of the game, while the real Dan is mistaken for "Dan" and winds up poorly playing his brother's game instead. At half-time, Sonic explains the situation to Dan and they switch places again.
      Sally, still furious at "Dan", refuses the team to cooperate with him on the field. Determined to makes amends with Sally, "Dan" explains that he is actually Sonic. The Lions wins the game when Sonic scores a goal, finally humiliating Dude and the rest of the Tiger boys.
      Everyone at Lion celebrates their victory over Tigers, except for Sally who is hurt about Sonic's deception. Sonic introduces Dan and Vanesa officially, and they begin dating. Sonic and Dan's divorced parents also make up, exchanging contact information so as to be better parents towards their children. Vanesa invites Sonic and Dan to her debutante ball, with an invitation. Sonic hopes that Sally will be there since she was assigned to be in the debutante ball. Still hurt, Sally wasn't  sure if she wants to go. At the ball, Sonic is skeptical that Sally will show up; he distracts himself by going on a walk, while Vanesa is getting ready to be escorted by Dan. He runs into Sally outside, who tells him that she has feelings for him, but that she doesn't want there to be any more deception on his part; Sonic promises to be honest with her. Later, Monique, Dan's ex-girlfriend is escorted by Dude, Vanesa is escorted by Dan, and Sally and Sonic enter the stage late, but together, with Sally in her new dress. Sally and Sonic share a kiss before joining the crowd. At the end of the film, Sonic and Sally are shown happily playing on Lion's soccer team together.