Sonic Hood

(Back to Disney)

Sonic Hood and Little Knuckles, live in The Great Forest, robbing from the rich and giving to the poor townsfolk of Mobotropolis. Meanwhile, Prince Robotnik, the de facto King of Mobotropolis, send his lead henchman, Snively, the Sheriff of Mobotropolis, to catch the two, but he fails every time. Meanwhile, Prince Robotnik and his counselor Sir Naugus arrive in Mobotropolis. Earlier, Sir Naugus hypnotized King Maximilian to go off on the Crusades, allowing Prince Robotnik to take the throne. Unfortunately, the Prince is greedy and immature, even sucking his thumb whenever his mother is mentioned. Sonic and Little Knuckles rob Prince Robotnik by disguising themselves as fortune tellers, prompting the Prince to put a bounty on their heads.
Snively, under Prince John's orders, taxes the inhabitants of Mobotropolis excessively. However, Sonic gives back some money to the Prowers Family, and gives a bow, arrow and one of his hats to the young two-tail fox Tails for his birthday. Tails and his friends test out the bow, but Tails accidentally fires the arrow into the grounds of Princess Sally's castle. Tails sneak inside, meeting Princess Sally, King Maximilian's daughter, and her lady-in-waiting Lady Bunnie. Princess Sally reveals she and Sonic were once childhood sweethearts, but they have not seen one another for years. Rotor, one of Sonic's Merry men's spy, visits Sonic and Little Knuckles, explaining that Prince Robotnik is hosting an archery tournament and the winner will receive a kiss from Princess Sally. Sonic agrees to participate in the tournament in disguise, while Little Knuckles arrives as the Duke of Angel Island to get near Prince Robotnik. Sir Naugus discovers Sonic's  identity, but is trapped in a cage by Antoine and Rotor. Sonic wins the tournament, but Prince Robotnik exposes him and sentences him to death despite Princess Sally's pleas. Little Knuckles threatens Prince Robotnik with a dagger, which leads to a fight between Sonic's  forces and Prince Robotnik's soldiers, culminating in Sonic's party escaping with Princess Sally and Lady Bunnie in tow.
In the forest, Sonic and Princess Sally share a romantic evening, then are surprised by his "merry men", who sing a funny song dubbing Robotnik the "Phony King of Mobotropolis". Angered when he learns of the song, Prince Robotnik triples the taxes, imprisoning most of the townsfolk when they cannot pay. Snively visits Rotor's home to steal from the poor box, and Rotor savagely attacks him, resulting in Rotor's arrest for treason. Prince Robotnik plans to hang Rotor to lure in Sonic and kill him. Sonic and Little Knuckles sneak into the castle with Little Knuckles managing to free all of the prisoners, while Sonic steals Prince Robotnik's gold, but Sir Naugus awakens to find Sonic fleeing. Chaos ensues as Sonic and the others try to escape to The Great Forest. However, Snively corners Sonic after he returns to rescue a little Mobian pup. The two fight, accidentally setting fire to Prince Robotnik's castle and causing Sonic to leap from a tower into the moat below. Little Knuckles and Tails watch as the moat is pelted with arrows, and Sonic is presumably shot and drowned, only to emerge unharmed. Prince Robotnik is driven into despair at the sight, and goes completely insane when Sir Naugus points out his mother's castle is on fire.
Later, King Maximilian returns to Mobotropolis, and sentences
Prince Robotnik, Sir Naugus, and Snivelyto under arrest, and pardons Sonic, allowing him and Princess Sally to marry and leave Mobotropolis with Little Knuckles and Tails in tow.