DAY 2

When I woke up in the morning, much to my delight, Bucky had already woken up and left the room. I check the time on my phone and groan when I see it's just after 8AM. Literally the arsecrack of dawn.

I stand, still half asleep, I front of the wardrobe picking out some black leggings and a baggy green vest and then grab some old scruffy running shoes. To save myself time, I decide to change in the cabin, but once I had my T-shirt off, I felt the need to rush with the thought of Bucky walking in at any moment. Thankfully, he didn't.

I leave my phone under my pillow and check myself once more before leaving the room and out to where a crowd of students is already forming.

"Good morning students! I know how much you all love getting up at the break of dawn. We have something super fun planned today, and that is.. drumroll please," a low rumble of drumming comes from somewhere amongst the crowd, "a tree top adventure!" Some mild cheers erupt but quickly die down. "Please make sure you are with someone at all times when walking through the forest." He adds.

After some stressful head counts and checklists, we all head down in a big rowdy bunch, through the forest.

After about 5 minutes you could see the course above us in the trees. Whilst my eyes a transfixed to the fun above, the crowd comes to a stop and I bump into a broad figure.

The figure turns right away and due to my never missing bad luck, I face Bucky Barnes.

"Wright, what the fuck?" It caught me off guard to be honest but I don't expect anything less.

"Fuck off, Barnes." I snap back. It was clearly an accident and I was going to let out a small apology but now I am definitely not.

"Or what, Marylin?" A few people have began watching our dispute, "you gonna tell Mr Davies on me?"

"Fuck. Off. Barnes." I glowered again, leaning more forward into his face.

"You're such a bitch, Wright." He berated. The crowd had started moving again, students walking past us, not wanting to be involved with any of the drama.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." I grumble with my arms crossed.

"You're boring," He turns to walk, now at the back of the crowd. After many years of hating each other, I know his technique in arguments. He tries to put you down like you're nothing. It did affect me at first but I'm used to it now and it's even better because when he realises I'm unbothered, he becomes even more annoyed.
Must suck to be him.

I trail behind him in silence watching how his shoulders raise with each breath of anger coursing through his body. I will always win.

The group comes to a stop once again and I hear Mr Davies yelling at the front, "okay! You will be working with your partners to do this course," Great..
"You will be looking out for your partner, making sure that they are strapped in correctly before climbing or they will fall to their death." He intoned.

Soon everyone had their harnesses on. Well each partner were helping the other whilst me and Bucky were doing our own in silence not even glancing at each other.

We were one of the last duos to start the course because we were pushed to the back of the line during our earlier argument.

I step onto a wooden step then click the hook attached to my belt onto a rope and begin my climb up a makeshift ladder. I climb with ease, getting to the top and hooking myself onto the next rope, moving around the small platform in the air. I look down over where Bucky is already climbing the ladder. He does it fairly quickly and reaches the first platform too. The small space isn't enough for two people who want to rip each other's heads off but we have to make do. Still no words have been exchanged between us but I'm not complaining.