Chapter Seven

Meng Yang, after all, had dated Luo Sheng and understood him to a certain extent. Luo Sheng had been raised by his grandfather and only returned to the Luo family's home once he was an adult. He had a house of his own outside and thus didn't return home every day. The Luo family home was also so large that even if they were under the same roof, they might not meet. Meng Yang thought that he would stay there for at least a few days before he would see Luo Sheng.

However, as Meng Yang and Luo Xiu were eating breakfast together the next morning, Luo Sheng came by. He looked as if he had something to say to Luo Xiu, but when he saw Meng Yang, he stopped in surprise.

"What are you doing here?!" Luo Sheng asked once he returned to his senses. "Who allowed you to come here?!"

Meng Yang didn't answer him, instead deliberately looking at Luo Xiu with innocent and helpless eyes.

"He's my guest that I invited to stay here. Do you have anything to say about that?" Luo Xiu looked at Luo Sheng coldly.

Luo Sheng was even more surprised at Luo Xiu's words, saying angrily, "Father, what did he say to you? I've already broken up with him, and whatever he says, it's a lie. Don't trust him!"

"I know he's broken up with you. Me having him here has nothing to do with you, so you don't need to care about it. If you don't want to see him then don't come back here." Luo Xiu hated Luo Sheng's mother and grandparents just as much as Luo Sheng, but it wasn't yet time to reveal that he wasn't Luo Xiu's biological son.

"Father, you can't let him stay here, you don't know what kind of person he is..."

"For the last time, he is my guest. If you dare continue to be rude to him, don't step into this house even half a step."

Luo Xiu's face showed no expression, not even anger, but this lack of emotion frightened Luo Sheng even more than normal. Afraid to say anything, he clenched his fists and glared fiercely at Meng Yang.

"Mr. Luo," Meng Yang looked at Luo Xiu and said, "Luo Sheng doesn't want to see me, and I don't want to see him either. Why don't I go to a hotel..."

"You're living here for now and you don't have to go anywhere." Luo Xiu had been in charge of the Luo group for many years, and as such, was accustomed to making arrangements for others. Presently in his mind, Meng Yang was just a young man who should stay obediently and let Luo Xiu arrange the best care for him.

"Then, can I go out to see my friend today? I haven't seen him for a few days, and he's worried about me," Meng Yang asked. He knew that without Luo Xiu's permission, he might not be able to leave.

"Your injury isn't healed yet. Don't go out for too long, or have your friends come here," Luo Xiu said.

"I'll just go out for a little while and come back after talking a bit," Meng Yang said quickly.

Luo Sheng stood off to the side, neither leaving nor sitting down with them. He wanted to talk to Luo Xiu, but he didn't want to sit at the same table as Meng Yang. Luo Xiu and Meng Yang simply ignored his existence and continued to eat their breakfast. Watching the harmonious atmosphere, Luo Sheng was angry that he was at his own home, yet he felt out of place.

Luo Xiu glanced at the time and got up to go to the company, with Mr. Yuan sending him out. Only Meng Yang, Luo Sheng, and a few workers remained in the dining room.

"I have never seen someone as shameless as you! No matter how you persuaded my father to let you stay here, no matter what your purpose is, I'll warn you now; you'd better leave now and never show up in front of me again, or I'll make you regret it!" Luo Sheng warned fiercely.