Chapter Twenty-Six

Meng Yang was only lightly injured, but Luo Xiu had him rest at home for two days before returning to school.

The freshman period was soon coming to an end, and the monthly test would immediately be carried out. After each monthly test, the classes would be re-divided and seats would be arranged according to the results. The class courses would be different, so the class division was very important for every student. The end of the month was the most tense time for the students.

Meng Yang and his senior brothers and sisters were preparing to pack up and leave after noting down the lessons assigned by Master Lin Songtai.

"Are all of you confident for this exam?" Lin Songtai asked.

"Teacher, we're confident in every exam," Wu Feng said with a deliberately serious face. "But confidence isn't something one can rely on."

"I think it's you that can't rely on yourself." Lin Songtai shot Wu Feng a look and said, "Although I usually tell you that results aren't the most important thing, if you can all get good results and put a damper on that old man Xu Wangya's spirit, this teacher will be very happy, understood?"

"Teacher, we understand," Meng Yang's senior brothers and sisters nodded and replied, knowing this pair of teachers. Seeing their looks, Meng Yang thought it was rather funny.

"Teacher, don't worry. Meng Yang is here this time, so at least the top place in the first year is secure," Wu Feng said.

Other senior brothers and sisters also nodded their heads in agreement. During this period of time, they'd clearly felt how talented Meng Yang was and knew how solid his basic knowledge was. They all agreed that even if Meng Yang was performing badly, he could easily take first place in his age group.

Lin Songtai angrily looked at the students and said, "Am I worried about Meng Yang? I'm worried about you all who don't know how to grow! If you worked half as hard as Meng Yang then I would worry less. You should be at least a little stressed, or you'll always be lazy until you realize how much time you've wasted. This time, if you fail to reach the top ten in your respective grades, you'll be punished by copying volumes one to twenty on botany ten times and volumes one to twenty on pharmacology ten times.

"Teacher..." There was an immediate wailing in the classroom.

"Howling for what? Unacceptable behavior!" Lin Songtai lectured, then got up and left.

Meng Yang's senior brothers and sisters each packed up their things with a sad face.

The group of people had just walked out of the courtyard and happened to meet Yu Junchen, who'd come from the opposite courtyard. The stone road between the two courtyards was quite wide, and the students on both sides were staring at each other in a bid for superiority. On Meng Yang's side, Wu Feng's eyes were opened the widest.

Meng Yang didn't want to stare back at them. He thought it was boring and made his eyes hurt. If he wanted to compete, he would only use his strength to compete with the other side.

Meng Yang said to Wu Feng, "Senior brother, let's go. I'm hungry."

"After ten thousand years of defeat, soldiers only have the ability to stare, If you have the time, you're better off reading more books." Wen Yuan sneered scornfully and said, "You people who are used to being defeated have no real ability. Even if you don't hide when you see us, you still have the face to show off and glare at us. You all are really the most shameless people in the entire world."

"Speaking of shamelessness, who can compare with you?" Wu Feng said sarcastically. "Master Xu Wangya said that he can't stand people who cheat, but who in this college doesn't know that he's helped you cheat many times? Relying on cheating to act haughty, I'll return the same words to you; you all are really the most shameless people in the whole world!"