Thief Chapter 2

Mikey's point of view

The next time I saw college guy, I was at school. I was speed walking through the halls with my head down, as always, when I bumped into someone.

I looked up to see who it was, and I panicked. I muttered something incoherent before walking as fast as possible away from him. Unfortunately for me, that was the wrong way. I had to walk back if I wanted to make science.

I waited until the bell rang, and then I slunk into science 5 minutes late. The teacher ignored me. I took my seat in the back of the class, alone. I guess I was going to have to stop calling him "college guy".

I sighed, and I did the science the teacher assigned us, but I just wanted to go home. I needed to talk to Gee. He would know what to say, to make me feel better.

Keeping that in mind, I ditched the rest of school after science. I walked home, even though I knew Gee was going to yell at me. He would also tell me what to do when I told him what was going on.

As expected, Gee was not pleased to see me walk through the door hours before school left out. He did hold out on the yelling, though, waiting instead for me to explain myself. Which was good. Gerard knew I wouldn't do this without a reason.

"Gee, there's this guy that goes to my school and he caught me trying to steal his wallet the other day and he's really cute but he's better than me in every way and he won't ever give me the time of day and I hate being me," I said, all in the same breath.

Gerard looked at me sympathetically. "Mikes, you don't know that this guy doesn't want anything to do with you. You haven't even talked to him,"

"Yeah, but why would he? He's him and I'm me," I said, miserably.

"Not everyone is so shallow, Mikes. Give this guy a chance. He's not better than you 'cause he has money and you don't, and if he thinks that, he's not worth your time anyway,"

"Thanks, Gee," I said, giving him a hug. What he said was simple, and I could've worked it out on my own, but I needed to hear someone say it.

"Anytime, Mikey," he replied. "And hey, next time you see this guy, don't run out of school 4 hours early, ok?"

"Ok," I promised. He nodded, because he knew I would try.

The next day, I went to school again. I was wearing my best shirt, which was a ratty green day t shirt. It was clean, though, and it was in the best shape. I wasn't really planning on talking to him, but I figured it might happen, and I wanted to be prepared.

I walked to school with my head down, my lanky hands shoved in the pockets of my worn out hoodie. When I got there, I was more alert than usual. I was looking for any sign of him.

By the time I sat down alone with my lunch, I still hadn't seen him. I was relieved, but at the same time, disappointed. I had to give the guy a chance, that's what Gee said. And if it wasn't going to end well, I'd rather get it over with.

A/N sorry for the short update, I'm typing on my iPod. Also, I'm super sorry that I haven't updated, it was actually so I could avoid typing this on my iPod, but I digress