Twenty six

"Hey, Ryan." I said, stepping into the kitchen. I usually find him here when he comes home, making himself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. He glance up at me, and gave me a grin.

"Hey, love." I smiled. He had a million and one little nicknames for me, and every one of them had me feeling like a fourteen year old. I rocked on the balls of my feet, before letting out a serious fake sigh.

"Ryan, we need to talk." He lifted his head from the peanut butter, and studied my face. I attempted to keep it serious, and did a pretty good job. His expression changed into an equal frown.

"What's wrong?" He breathed, dropping the spoon on the counter and walking towards me. His hands cupped my own, and gave me a light squeeze.

"There's someone else." I rushed. Trying to hold back the smile that wanted to push onto my face. Ryan furrowed his eyebrows, and tensed.

"Oh." He dropped my hands, and gripped the closest counter. I watched his knuckles turn white. We stood in a small silence for awhile, before he asked another question.

"Do you love him?" He swallowed, and I could clearly see his Adam's apple drop. It broke my heart to see how hard he was trying to hold back the pain. I could feel it in my own chest.

"I do." I answered, letting out a shaky sigh. Walking over to him, I placed a hand on his chest. He was sticky from sweating, and I could feel blood pumping harder than it should. The counter was starting to splinter, "and you should too."

His eyebrows furrowed more as he looked me in the eye. A smile crept onto my face, and suddenly he wrapped his arms around me, and pressed his lips to mine. It took me a second to kiss him back, and pull away.

"Your..?"

"I am." I grinned as he twirled me around, and kissed my lips passionately.

"You cheeky devil." He shook his head and grinned as he pulled away. "You really had me." He squeezed me tighter, and ran his nose along my neck.

"I'm going to be a father." He breathed. I inhaled his scent, and lightly patted his rear.

"I'm going to eat your sandwich if you don't." I mumbled, Ryan chuckled, and shook his head against it.