42

"Ryan," I mumble, I rest my head against the pillow and watch him roll over to face me. He let's out a breath, furrows his eyebrows and doesn't say a thing.

I grab his hand that holds his ring, he instantly wraps his fingers around mine and looks back over at me.

"Why are you awake, baby?" He asks, he sucks on his bottom lip and furrows his eyebrows. It's three am.

I furrow my eyebrows and try to figure out why exactly I'm awake. I didn't have a very good reason, or a reason at all. I just sit and think.

It's quiet. I feel his free hand run up my spine and goosebumps ran through my skin. I let out a low breath and shift lightly.

"I don't know exactly, but I just can't sleep." I say. He let's out a tired breath, looks at me. His face isn't completely clear, but I can see the glow of his expression. That uneasy feeling runs through my body again. Like something bad is going to happen.

"Ryan," I say sitting up. He furrows his eyebrows and runs his fingers over my hips.

"Yeah, baby?" He mumbles. His voice is thick with sleep. I'm straddling him. Not purposely, but he had pulled me onto him when I sat up.

"I need you to promise me something." I say, his thumbs continue to rub circles against my skin.

He furrows his eyebrows even more, "and what is that?" He looks confused.

"You have to promise me that if something was to ever happen to me, that you won't give up on North or your title." I mumble. My fingers run across his chest and he breaths out.

"Of course I won't, baby, but please don't talk like that." He says, he reaches up and cups my cheeks. I lean into his touch and let out a breath.

"I know, I'm sorry. But please just promise me that." I say softly. Ryan sits up in bed and furrows his eyebrows.

"I promise I won't, Taylor. Nor would I forget about you. Just please don't talk about this." He begs me to stop. I let my eyes fall and I feel something deep in my chest hurt.

"I love you." I say. He gives me a soft smile, leans forward and kisses me. My eyes close and I inhale deeply. He smells like the woods.

He pulls away, but I don't. I kiss the spot just below his ear. I feel the need to make love to him. Not because he's touching my hips, or because he had kissed me, but because something deep within me felt off.

I kept feeling the need to be with him fully, and make the most of it. Like it might be stripped from me. "What are you doing?" He asks.

I pause, furrow my eyebrows and think about what I'm doing. I don't want him worrying about something that isn't a big deal. "Nothing- it's just, I want you." I say. Now I'm a little embarrassed about what I was doing.

Maybe I'm in heat. I think to myself. That's it. It's a logical explination. "If you keep this up your going to end up with another baby in there." He chuckles, poking at my stomach.

I roll my eyes, smile a little and kiss his neck. "Isn't that what you want, though?" I ask, my lips connect to the base of his throat and he swallows.

"With you, I could have twenty kids and not care." He says softly. He tugs on the ends of my hair gently and makes me look at him.

"But I get you to myself for a few more months, okay?" He smiles. I smile back, I lean forward and kiss him softly.

"Okay." I whisper back.